Stacks:
      UTG ($10.03)
      CO ($9.16)
      BTN ($16.09)
      SB ($10.39)
      Hero ($9.85)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is BB J:heart: J:spade:
      2 folds, BTN calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.40, BTN calls $0.30

Flop: 4:club: 2:spade: 2:diamond: ($0.85, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, BTN calls $0.70

Turn: Q:heart: ($2.25, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1.25, BTN calls $1.25

River: 5:spade: ($4.75, 2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BTN calls $2.50

Opp: 58/1/2.7 over 60 hands

I think he may have worse hands here, so I like betting. It's kinda hard to catch something on that flop, but he may have lower pocket pair, some Ax combos with gutshut or overcards he feels good to call. That Q kinda slows me a bit down, but I think I should still make it like 1.50$. As I'm not getting raised I feel good here and I just keep vbetting river, but should I better c/c here? Q can scare him if he has lower pocket pair, but I think he may still call a bet, but check back if I give up here, but should I give him opportunity to make a move and c/c river?

Opinions?
  • 2 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I would deffo bet the Q. It wouldn't slow me down at all because it's a very good card to barrel! On the river I would c/c but I think there still is some value in betting ourselves.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      I would deffo bet the Q. It wouldn't slow me down at all because it's a very good card to barrel! On the river I would c/c but I think there still is some value in betting ourselves.
      The Q turn being a "good card to barrel" isn't relevant at microstakes when you have a good hand, not at any stakes against that 58/1 guy really. It's a good card to valuebet against high level thinkers because they'll think you can bluff there often so they'll call more, but against that fish it's just a hinderance for us as it possibly gives him top pair and makes him less likely to call down with a worse pair. That doesn't mean we can't valuebet it of course, because for sure villain will call again at least one bet with a lot of worse hands, but it's by no means a good card for us.

I like betting the river as well, I don't really see why we should ever check/call that. Whatever pair villain has he's probably more likely to call a bet with it than to bet it himself, and it's hard for him to show up with busted stuff once the 5 rolls off. A3/63 got there and A5/65/53 will now check behind a lot.

Hope it helps.