Flop: ($2.25, 3 players) 8:club: T:heart: Q:diamond:
      Hero checks, BB checks, BTN bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, BB calls $1.50

Turn: ($6.75, 3 players) 4:club:
      Hero checks, BB checks, BTN bets $4.00, Hero calls $4.00, fold

River: ($14.75, 2 players) 3:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $28.15 and is all-in, fold

Villains
      BB 36/8/7 short stack fish
      BU 13/13/2, had few hands against him where I made 3-bet over his raise or he made 3-bet over my raise, and those were over either preflop or on flop

In this hand I didn't want to 3-bet because I didn't think BU will pay with worse hand but he could make 4-bet with worse because of history. I also wanted fish to pay from BB.

I think river is clear fold (maybe not cause of history, but don't think so), and also maybe I could fold on turn.
  • 9 replies
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Gold
      3betting preflop and staking off on that flop would be my standard line.

If I'd just want to cold call pre, c/ring that flop to get it in is my standard.
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      3bet preflop, you don't want to play a marginal hand out of position without initiative.

Cbet Flop for value.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      As everyone else has said just 3bet pre-flop against a BTN raise being in the blinds and then look to get it in on nice flops like that.

Nice hand
    • Gugi19
      Gugi19
      Bronze
      Thanks everybody,

3-bet is definitely a better option.

Cheers
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gugi19
      Thanks everybody,

3-bet is definitely a better option.

Cheers
      if you 3-bet and he 4-bets again you have very easy shove decision
      as played: I think your hand is too valueable to just c/c so I either take following lines.
      1) c/r flop and play for stacks
      2) c/c flop and lead turn
      3) lead out on the the turn. You can make it 1$ and then go bet/3-bet or 2$ and then evaluate if get raised
      as played: likely river fold is better, although I also don´t mind there calldown
      Every draw that he could have on the flop or turn was missed and your hand is faced up.
    • Gugi19
      Gugi19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20

Do you mean preflop, cause I don't like playing for stack pre with AQ, but maybe it is standard against this type of opponent?

Thanks for reply.
    • Wacko118
      Wacko118
      Bronze
      i 3betting preflop and getting it all in on that flop. However im never going all in on AQ preflop, especially on Nl25, i havent seen anyone but utter fish go all in pre with anything less than AK so your crushed almost everytime.
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Gold
      Originally posted by Wacko118
      i 3betting preflop and getting it all in on that flop. However im never going all in on AQ preflop, especially on Nl25, i havent seen anyone but utter fish go all in pre with anything less than AK so your crushed almost everytime.
      It's not just about what you'll get called by. If villain is 4bet/folding everytime he 4bets, you should stick your stack in 100% of the time. Right? I think if he is 4bet/folding more than 60% of the cases, shipping rest in preflop is going to be profitable. Not sure about the math though.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gugi19
      Originally posted by Kaitz20

Do you mean preflop, cause I don't like playing for stack pre with AQ, but maybe it is standard against this type of opponent?

Thanks for reply.
      well bu vs sb you just have to adjust very aggressive players, since he can really 4-bet bluff you quite a lot and easily just 4-bet/call with very wide range as 88+/AQ+
      So if you 3-bet AQ, you can´t really fold to 4-bet when it is very likely he can be bluffing there.

Of course if player is very straight forward 3-bet/folding there is very fine