Boss Media $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $0.00
      UTG: $0.00
      CO: $0.00
      BTN: $0.00
      SB: $0.00

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is BB with Q :heart: A :club:
      2 folds, BTN calls $0 all in, SB raises to $0.16, Hero calls $-0.04 all in, BTN calls $0 all in

Flop: ($0.02) 7 :heart: Q :spade: 9 :club: (3 players - 3 are all in)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $0.12, SB calls $-0.02 all in, Hero raises to $0.36, BTN calls $-0.12 all in, SB calls $-0.02 all in

Turn: ($0.10) K :club: (3 players - 6 are all in)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($0.10) 6 :diamond: (3 players - 6 are all in)
      SB bets $1.17, Hero folds, BTN folds

I don't see myself being ahead often enough to warrent this call. especially since I pretty much broadcasted strength with the flop check raise.

is this line OK? I'm thinking my CR betsize is a bit small, is it? would a bet to .40 be wiser?
  • 4 replies
    • BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Coach
      Coach
      I don't like the the 3bet flop. You have a good hand, but as there aren't many draws on that flop (if any) you might scare away many hands that "value bet" against us (like QT, QJ, QK, even A9 could go for 2 barrel).

Villain being laggy is perfect, since he's going to bet into us and we still crush his showdown range - you can't really go on and put everyone on sets and two pairs when they c/c as pfr on a dry flop.

Considering that pfr didn't cbet this dry flop, he most probably has a marginal hand that wants to go to cheap showdown (like recognizing that BU open limp is weak, he decides to "steal" with Q3s and now wants to see cheap sd with his bad top pair).
      BU betting when checked to him will often be just a try to steal the pot.

3betting prevents you from continuing to get value from the weaker hands, while isolating yourself vs. a stronger range.

I don't mind preflop call, I often call at this spot as well (on the micros I believe it's more +EV than 3betting), but postflop I'm betting for sure after PFR checks to us.
      I would just call flop, c/c this turn and tend to c/c most rivers as well (sometimes even finding a value bet there).

As played if you do not intend to call this river bet then you have to 2nd barrel and try to take it there, with the hope that sometimes BU folds and SB calls u with weaker QJ type of hand that picked up a gutshot and gives us a free showdown on the river.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I don't mind the 3bet preflop. The rest of the hand isn't clear at all, you have a lot of wrong info in your conversion so I can't really give an opinion. First I would cbet 2/3 pot bet. I think I would also bet the turn. If raised here I tend to opt for a fold, but if I get called I would proceed cautiously to the river.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      flop cbet is to get value from hands including 7's and 9's in em. believe me this is definately in villain's range as this guys VP was well over 70. I expect hands like K7,Q7 etc, and so put him on having either slowplayed two pair on flop, or hitting two pair on the turn.

I don't see the problem in 3betting an opponent who can't fold any piece, esp when we can deduce his holdings later in the hand.

postflop the board is quite dry, and villain has a high cbet frequency, I think on average its nicer to check this here and let him hang himself. while the hand didn't go that way, I think its nice longterm to mix things up.

stack sizes are fked , ugh. didn't notice. will try to fix later today. theyre incorrect.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      don´t see the stack sizes
      but if Sb only has there 0.18$ then I like isolation raise to 0.5$
      I think postlfop is fine