Winning rates in SSS

• 7 replies
    • Tampaloeres81

How many hands did you play?
      1.5xbb/100 is average but I think you should be able to win more on NL10

• vmarqui
      25k. I'm sure I make mistakes anyway, just wanted to know how much you can earn at that level to set up a goal.
      I still get a lot from rakeback even though I play at pokerstars. Those 70 FPP satellites to the 55k GTD are really easy.
    • SilverSag
      This question has starting to bother me as well after yesterday. I played 1000+ hands of NL10, lost 7$ and started to go through statistics to find leaks. I knew that I did one obvious mistake - at one moment of weakness I decided to slowplay pocket aces and that cost me 2$, but there should be more. I looked through all the lost hands and couldn't find any... and then I started to think:

They say that win rate for SSS is 0.5-2.0BB/100hands. OK, lets say its the 1,5 BB/100h. So in my 1000-hand session I should win on average 1,5$, right?

Wait a second! :f_confused:

That's if I am playing perfectly! If we take into account that a mistake in SSS will cost you all stack (2$ in average) then, according to this info I am allowed to make no more than 1(!) mistake in 1000 hands. If I happen to make two, then I am doomed to neverending downswing! :f_cry:

If I am understanding it right, then there is no point in playing SSS unless you have some bonus to clear or a rakeback deal in effect, because nobody is perfect, and there always be some mistakes?

So? Can I get a straight answer to this? Is SSS a "perfect strategy for a beginner" only because I will lose less than by playing any other strategy? Is there any reason to think that SSS can be profitable without any bonuses and rakebacks?

Or... the only way how to actually make money in SSS is to succesfully steal blinds and to perfect postflop freeplay when on BB?! :f_eek:

I would really appreciate an answer from someone who knows what he is talking about , not just some "I have played SSS for X amount of hands and it works just fine!" gibberish, because I dont want to waste my time practising something what can brake me even at best :f_mad: I'd rather switch to playing SnGs then...

Thank you in advance!
    • vmarqui
      Well, I don't think it's like that. If you make a mistake, you won't lose your whole stack. Not preflop at least. Maybe you pushed AQ when you shouldn't have and you faced AK, it's still 70-30%.
      Besides, online poker is full of fishes who will make mistakes more often than you. :P
      If you take advantage of those mistakes I believe you can win much more.

Also there are ways to earn more money, it's not just raise x hands from x position.

Anyway, I beat NL10. I have $250 bankroll and I'll moving to NL25. Rakeback at PS is much better than what it seems. Some FPP satellites are a great deal.
      Here's the graph:

• AlCaTrAzzALZ
      if you want to increase your win rate, i'd be working on that red line if i were you ;)
    • vmarqui
      Yeah, that's what I thought. I don't know how normal SSS graphics look like, but I've never seen anyone with a worse red line than mine.
      Any tips to raise it up? I can post stats if you want, maybe there's the probem.
    • jbpatzer
      Probably not stealing enough from late position.