$8.85
      CO:
      $20.63
      BU:
      $22.92
      SB:
      $21.10

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.70, BU calls $0.70, SB calls $0.60, Hero raises to $3.00, CO calls $2.30, 2 folds, SB folds.

Flop: ($7.4) 3, 8, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.80, CO calls $4.80.

Turn: ($17) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $10.22, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $17.

Villain is VP:38/PR:6/AFq:40 over 69 hands

Is it fair to put him on a PP and justify to shove turn?
      To be honnest I was a bit in a tilty mode
  • 5 replies
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      I think it's to risky and not profitable on the longterm. Villain is fishlike and this time he openraised, so he might not fold anything.

You can give up on the flop (c/f) and wait for a better situation to take villains money.

Against fishlike opponents it's better to play for value instead of bluffing, because you will not get them to fold very often.

Also, if you want to represent something on that flop, bet bigger. A small bet there represents weakness. And an observant player would see this and raise the flop.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gabinr1
      Against fishlike opponents it's better to play for value instead of bluffing, because you will not get them to fold very often.
      I know it but I'm not sticking to it - good reminder

Originally posted by Gabinr1
      Also, if you want to represent something on that flop, bet bigger. A small bet there represents weakness. And an observant player would see this and raise the flop.
      very true
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      It's so much better to barrel against a TAG here because they will fold out a lot on the turn. A fish isn't going to fold a great deal here.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Ugh it's not a small bet on flop at all given that it's a 3bet pot and OP can easily shove the turn.

But yeah, given his low PFR (stronger range) and fact that he's a fish (more likely to stack off light) i'd say that on average he's gonna be calling you here so i'd advocate shoving only turns that improve your equity, that is: diamond/Kx/Ax.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think he also have often draws or just floats on the flop, so I don´t mind shoving turn.
      Since he might fold there one pair hands that are lower than Qx and he might also call with draws that you beat
      So i think turn shove is fine