[NL20-NL50] NL25 QQ(mp1), bb

• TetraQuark
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.75, MP2 calls $0.75, 2 folds, BU calls $0.75, SB folds, Hero raises to $3.75, 2 folds, BU calls $3.00.

Flop: ($9.1) 9, A, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.00, BU calls $4.00.

Turn: ($17.1) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, BU calls $3.00(All-In).

River: ($23.1) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $23.1.

Villain is 38/19/2.0 over 30 hands.

I really h8 these kind of spots. Up agains halfstack 3b pot. I can`t really chb flop cuz I guess I loose tons of value when villain folds but than again I commit myrself and I really can`t cbet less than i did allready. Therefore it is better to just push flop so I play EV correct against any other possible suckouts???
  • 2 replies
    • Gabinr1
      WP preflop.

An potsize bet (allin for villain)on the flop would probably scare weaker hands (pocket pairs, non A broadways, 9T, 89). And you don't have to protect much.

It's a way ahead, way behind situation. (because you're way behind against any A or set and way ahead of any pocket pair that villain could have)

The question is how do you get the most value?

I like your line. The small bet on the flop might be the best way to get value from the fish. Usually fish bet small with weak hands and big with strong ones, so he might think you're weak and call with his pair of 88 =) Then the allin on the Turn is inevitable.

Checking will work if you know villain is aggresive and bets in position often. Also, check flop for bluffinduce and pushing Turn is a good line.
    • Kaitz20
      you´re kind of pot committed postflop
      I think either c/rai or b/c are fine line on the flop
      Turn: better to shove than c/c yourself