moneybooker or netteller ?

• 8 replies
    • bbosstjan
      bbosstjan
      Bronze
      Moneybookers is ok for me. It also offers a payment card:

so when you make some money on poker you won't have any problems getting to it, since you can later withdraw up to 250$ a day if I'm not mistaking, or just use it to pay in a local supermarket...

;)
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      They are pretty much the same.
      Neteller also offer a card.
      I'd go for the one with better design.
      I have both and I am using only Moneybookers though.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      if you intend to use the cards. compare them!
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      they both issue mastercards which you can use anywhere
      I tried both and prefer neteller
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      I have both in two different currencies. Just food for thought since for the most part they are the same.

I have found a couple of poker rooms that take Neteller and not Moneybookers though. (Some Boss Media skins.)
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      I have both. For a few years now. I prefer Neteller. But they are really the same, so it doesn't matter too much.

Some differences...
      1. Maximum payout at MB is 250€, at Neteller is 750€.
      2. 0€ annual fee and 0€ fee for making Mastercard at Neteller, 10€ annual fee + 10€ fee for making MC at MB.
      3. You need to deposit funds on MB to verify your account, you don't need that at Neteller. (a friend can send you few € to start with it)

90% times I use Neteller, but I sometimes need MB too. Some pokersites doesn't support NT and I have to use MB (and vice versa). And not all people have NT, so I have to make transactions on MB.

If I were you and if you can "afford" it, I'd have both,
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Netteller has an online 1-time use mastercard (MB might have it too, not sure though) :) .

Hmm, I have both, MB in € and Netteller in $... They don't seem that much different to me, I mainly made Netteller because I created a MB account in € and conversion rates raped me so I changed to Netteller where I don't lose money by converting :) .

Some additional information: You can withdraw from Pokerstars to Netteller AND Moneybookers without previously depositing to either of those. I believe they have just lately enabled this feature for MB, not sure though.

Primzi
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      With neteller, you have to tell them in advance if you wanna use your card abroad, which sucks if you like me wanted to go backpacking and was unable to know beforehand where you would be at what time.

Netteller allows you to have your account in a different currency (for me SEK) which is great if you wanna use the card in your country of residence.

MB I have in SEK too (I have my account for 1,5 years and I didnt know better back then) and the card is only avaliable in like $,€ and perhaps £. So that means for me to use a card there, I need to pay for transactions pokerrom $ -> MB SEK -> MB Card $/£/€ AND AGAIN -> SEK when withdrawing.

So uhm yea, I like Neteller better.