what is wrong with this ???

• svelgen
      svelgen
      Bronze
      hi guys, finally after many days of persuading myself I decided to ask you about my problem, and I hope that especially some of you more experienced players will give me some helpful answers...

I play $2,4 10-man SNGs on iPoker and this is what bothers me:

tourneys played: 1039
      winnings: -386$ ... obviously bad, but I was overbankrolled from the beggining... but...
      EV adjusted winnings: -113$ ... how can this be so much below... it´s like 150BI below !

... and finally what I don´t understand at all is the fact, that when I have all my hands in Holdem Manager, there is this column called $EV Diff and the sum of that column says: +275$ ...

... maybe these will be also helpful, but I don´t know:
      ITM 35,3%... 1st 11,8% 2nd 12,2% 3rd 13,2% ...

So which one of these stats is the real one and what should be my biggest concern?

Thank you very very much for any answer and better luck to all of you :)
  • 10 replies
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      The statistic which should concern you most is the amount you have won.

It is very unlikely that you would net 100 buy-ins of bad luck all-in in 1000 tournaments. It is possibly, but I wonder whether Hold'em Manager has a bug in its luck adjustment as it does in multitable SNGs.

Par is to finish in each place 10% of the time. So, 11.8% - 12.2% - 13.2% seems ok. (It would not be good for a 9-player SNG.) If you have that finishing distribution in a $10+$1 SNG, then you would have about a 10% ROI. Instead, you report an ROI of about -15%. How much of the $2.40 is rake? It could be that you should consider changing sites or games if the rake is too expensive on iPoker.
    • svelgen
      svelgen
      Bronze
      Thanks pzhon, I checked once again to be sure, the finish distribution is like I wrote before, and the SNGs are really 10-man and I played almost exlusively single table tournaments. The rake is 0,40 out of 2,40 so 17%... which shouldn´t be that horrific for my results, should it ?

And yes, my ROI is -13%.

Next level is 5+0,50 but I would have just about 45BI for that level so I´m not so sure, especially moving up when I am running this bad isn´t a good idea imo. I don´t consider moving down either, because I still have around 100BI at my current level and I feel that I don´t play that bad, considering the plays that I see from others, and also considering that I try to study the game, have the ranges right, and as you said, the finish distribution also seems ok.
    • svelgen
      svelgen
      Bronze
      ok, I may have just found what is wrong... I played some DONs along the way and they have the exact same 2,4$ name, which mixes them with regular 10-man SNGs in Holdem Manager and I have probably no way of filtering them out.

Moreover they f*** my finish distribution, especially my 1st place finish % is probably totally wrong due to this problem.

OMG, so let´s just continue improving and playing, hoping for the better days to come, or what?
    • Styr
      Styr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by svelgen

...hoping for the better days to come, or what?
      Don't hope, make them come. :) Practice, practice and you will fare much better soon.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      don't play 2$ sngs with 40 cent ROI. It's somewhere in between very hard and impossible to make a profit on those
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      don't play 2$ sngs with 40 cent ROI. It's somewhere in between very hard and impossible to make a profit on those
      This. $2 + 0.40 will make even the best players only a marginal profit. So you have played 1039 tournaments? Each tournament you paid 20 cents too much rake compared to other platforms.

20 cents * 1039 = $207.80

This is money you should have but don't. Ipoker charges too much rake nuff said.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by noclaninator
      Originally posted by ihufa
      This. $2 + 0.40 will make even the best players only a marginal profit. So you have played 1039 tournaments? Each tournament you paid 20 cents too much rake compared to other platforms.

20 cents * 1039 = $207.80

This is money you should have but don't. Ipoker charges too much rake nuff said.
      now that's the worst bad beat svelgen has had all month :) :P
    • svelgen
      svelgen
      Bronze

now that's the worst bad beat svelgen has had all month :) :P
      yeah... so funny ;) ... it´s just bad for these lowest limits, if I would go up to $5,50 I would pay just 10% rake instead of 17% I´m paying right now...

... I just can´t believe that it´s so hard to win on ipoker SNGs...
      ... one nice thing was they gave me 600$ net bonus for just 300$ first deposit...
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Yeah but the bonus doesn't help you if your losing so much due to very high rake. 17% is super high rake. On stars you have 6.5$ SNG which means only 7.7% rake. Ipoker has more then double the rake so those low stakes sngs are really not worth playing. Once you move up to 16,5$ sngs rake is even lower only 6%.
    • svelgen
      svelgen
      Bronze
      thank you all for your help, before this thread, I was just considering it, now I am completely convinced that I need to quit playing low stakes SNGs on iPoker due to high rake, even though I had an upswing of about 25BI running for the last two days...