[NL2-NL10] NL2 k6 on bb

• stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP1 ($1.40)
      MP2 ($1.85)
      CO ($1.44)
      Button ($2.54)
      SB ($2.58)
      Hero (BB) ($2)
      UTG ($3.54)
      UTG+1 ($2.26)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, 6
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, 1 fold, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.08) 5, 6, K (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.08, MP2 calls $0.08, 1 fold, SB calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.32) J (3 players)
      SB bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, MP2 raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25

River: ($1.52) 8 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.70, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.70

Total pot: $2.92 | Rake: $0.19

Was the c/c on the river ok? or should I folded
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I sense a bit of fancy play syndrome here :f_biggrin: .

You should be raising that turn and not just a bit, raise it a decent amount. I'd probably go for a pot raise. There are 2 SDs and 2 FDs there. I don't like playing a good hand passively when there is action. If it were a monster hand, yes it's OK to be passive. But you have a weakish 2-pair, don't let others draw out on you cheaply.
    • AmAsu
      AmAsu
      Basic
      FPS indeed. You failed to raise the turn on two occasions, that was not good. Maybe you had a sneaky plan to get more money in the pot with that third player, but once he raises and it comes back to you, you really have to make them pay for draws.

The other q is what do you beat if you reraise the turn? Well, other than draws, nothing, but the thing is it's kinda unlikely the raiser has a set, unless he's got FPS too and played it funny on the flop :) If not, there's only KJ that got there and a LOT of draws and combos, which will call you by this point if you reraise.

But the hand is played weird by all of you in there, so I have no idea what I'd do on the river. You're probably beat more times than not as that bet looks like a value bet, but the hand went down so weird that I might call it just for the info, expecting to be beat most of the times.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      I would raise turn just like previous posters suggested. I think there still may be enough draws as it's limped pot.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Agreed, raise/fold the turn unless the guy 3-betting you is known to be loose aggressive bad or insane.

As played on the river if you feel like a bet by you won't be raised lightly you should just go ahead and bet/fold that for value. If however you have no idea what a raise would mean, check/calling is probably a safer option.

Hope it helps.