This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Qq

• fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      gah this hand frustrated me so much, guy who shoves is 14/4 and his fold to cbet is 100% etc. I think he is very passive :/ I think I am only ever ahead of maybe JJ, but I think I am almost always behind, first time he did anything like this.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $2.40
      MP3:
      $3.29
      CO (Hero):
      $3.51
      BU:
      $3.22
      SB:
      $1.31
      BB:
      $2.00
      UTG1:
      $4.48
      UTG2:
      $2.12
      MP1:
      $0.81

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.02, MP1 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.07, BU calls $0.07, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $0.05, MP1 calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.31) 3, 9, 2 (4 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.15, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.54, BU raises to $3.15, UTG2 folds, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.

My friend told me if I reraise I should call, maybe I shouldn't reraise. Either way I did not feel comfortable calling his shove because I just couldn't think of many hands I am ahead of.
  • 4 replies
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Preflop: Raise bigger, $0.12 would be ok.

4 handed there is a bigger chance you are behind, but players here are also willing to go all in with weaker hands.

I think you played well. The raise on the flop is understandable, you raise for protection and to see where you're at. The button is obviously a tight player and you are also deep with him, a fold vs shove from him is ok.

I would go allin on this flop against anyone but BU. MP1 is midstack and UTG2 donkbetsmall which indicates a marginal hand or a draw played aggressively.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gabinr1
      Preflop: Raise bigger, $0.12 would be ok.

4 handed there is a bigger chance you are behind, but players here are also willing to go all in with weaker hands.

I think you played well. The raise on the flop is understandable, you raise for protection and to see where you're at. The button is obviously a tight player and you are also deep with him, a fold vs shove from him is ok.

I would go allin on this flop against anyone but BU. MP1 is midstack and UTG2 donkbetsmall which indicates a marginal hand or a draw played aggressively.
      I raised in the hope of isolating UTG2, I thought he had a marginal hand and I could get it all in on later streets against him. When BU shoves, I think I am well behind since we are quite deep. Thanks for your advice.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I agree with raising bigger preflop. I think BU would call with any overpair but not raise it. It wouldn't make sense for him to raise and be called only by better. He is really representing a set there and you can be sure a fold is the best move. Especially with your reads. Wp!
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Just because you raised for value against UTG2 doesn't mean it's wrong to fold when BU cold3bets it. I think you played it fine, except for the preflop raise sizing, make it more like $0.10-$0.12

@EmanuelC16: be careful with that "it wouldn't make sense for him to ...", 14/4 aren't known for being deep thinkers :p

Hope it helps.