[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Qq

• fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      gah this hand frustrated me so much, guy who shoves is 14/4 and his fold to cbet is 100% etc. I think he is very passive :/ I think I am only ever ahead of maybe JJ, but I think I am almost always behind, first time he did anything like this.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $2.40
      MP3:
      $3.29
      CO (Hero):
      $3.51
      BU:
      $3.22
      SB:
      $1.31
      BB:
      $2.00
      UTG1:
      $4.48
      UTG2:
      $2.12
      MP1:
      $0.81

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.02, MP1 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.07, BU calls $0.07, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $0.05, MP1 calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.31) 3, 9, 2 (4 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.15, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.54, BU raises to $3.15, UTG2 folds, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.

My friend told me if I reraise I should call, maybe I shouldn't reraise. Either way I did not feel comfortable calling his shove because I just couldn't think of many hands I am ahead of.
  • 4 replies
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Preflop: Raise bigger, $0.12 would be ok.

4 handed there is a bigger chance you are behind, but players here are also willing to go all in with weaker hands.

I think you played well. The raise on the flop is understandable, you raise for protection and to see where you're at. The button is obviously a tight player and you are also deep with him, a fold vs shove from him is ok.

I would go allin on this flop against anyone but BU. MP1 is midstack and UTG2 donkbetsmall which indicates a marginal hand or a draw played aggressively.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gabinr1
      Preflop: Raise bigger, $0.12 would be ok.

4 handed there is a bigger chance you are behind, but players here are also willing to go all in with weaker hands.

I think you played well. The raise on the flop is understandable, you raise for protection and to see where you're at. The button is obviously a tight player and you are also deep with him, a fold vs shove from him is ok.

I would go allin on this flop against anyone but BU. MP1 is midstack and UTG2 donkbetsmall which indicates a marginal hand or a draw played aggressively.
      I raised in the hope of isolating UTG2, I thought he had a marginal hand and I could get it all in on later streets against him. When BU shoves, I think I am well behind since we are quite deep. Thanks for your advice.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I agree with raising bigger preflop. I think BU would call with any overpair but not raise it. It wouldn't make sense for him to raise and be called only by better. He is really representing a set there and you can be sure a fold is the best move. Especially with your reads. Wp!
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Just because you raised for value against UTG2 doesn't mean it's wrong to fold when BU cold3bets it. I think you played it fine, except for the preflop raise sizing, make it more like $0.10-$0.12

@EmanuelC16: be careful with that "it wouldn't make sense for him to ...", 14/4 aren't known for being deep thinkers :p

Hope it helps.