C - Betting on micros correct or wrong?

• ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      Hello boys and girls, after playing on nl10 for a week I am curious whether it is correct to c bet on this limit. The reason it is possible to be incorrect is the fact that players on nl10 don't seem to fold v c bets and always play back at you because they think you are bluffing all the time or whatever...

With this in mind I have adjusted my play to only making value bets and no cbets, however looking at my none showdown winnings I am losing a lot of money so there must be a leak in my game...Do you guys think it is still worth c betting on nl10 even if most people will call anyway?

Also I have noticed my agression frequency rating is only 1 which I beleive is way too low, it must be due to the no c betting, can you guys tell me what the correct agression frequency should be also?

Thank you, looking forward to learning something.
  • 9 replies
    • Styr
      Styr
      Silver
      Take notes of the players you are against. If a certain player never folds to a continuation bet, then don't make it. There are still people capable of folding, and any decent HUD should show this information.

And yes, if you never c-bet, then you aggression factor can't be in the sky really, now can it? :)
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      First, i like keeping my Aggression factor at least over 3.

Although C-Bets in micro might seem they never work, they do. But you've got to know what kind of board you're picking into.

If you're complaing of getting played back it means u're pretty much bluffing all the time. And although that may seem a bad thing, it's gonna be great once you hit he nuts imho.
    • vonki
      vonki
      Bronze
      Again someone asks for a answer which can't simply be given.

Like always in poker, everything is situationdepending. Whether or not to cbet depends on many things. Board texture, the opponents likelyness to fold to cbet, his likeleyness to call flop and fold often on turn and sooooo on.

Just read up on articles, watch videos and attend coachings. Post hands, and learn to see every situation for what it is: different.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Cliffs: It depends
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      Ok, i know what you guys are saying, to my second question though, I just pld a session and have been pretty agressive, rasing, and c betting often, however my agression still isn;t above to it;s 1.7, what other factors influence your agression mark?
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      play tighter, stop bluffing, and make sure your cbets are for value. problem solved. u can cbet the tags off some hands.

if you want to build the pot vs a station, alter your cbet size so you don't become commited to the pot.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Aggression factor is the number of times you bet/raise divided by the number of times you call. If you call too much your AF will never go up.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      Aggression Frequency solves this ( Agg%) use it , its better :)
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      ...and don't 'try' to keep your agression up either at this level. Check out the player/table you're up against, the board texture; your position, pot size etc etc. Don't bluff stations, infact don't need to bluff much at all. People play back if you're agressive and cbet everything, so if you aren't sure how to handle that, cbet for value; there is no shame in chk/fold flop this level, or cbet/chk fold turn.