This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 AK UTG vs donk and QQQ flop

• stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Hello,
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($2)
      BB ($0.70)
      Hero (UTG) ($2.89)
      UTG+1 ($2)
      MP1 ($2.09)
      MP2 ($2.03)
      CO ($2.13)
      Button ($4.04)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, K
      Hero bets $0.08, 6 folds, BB calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.17) Q, Q, Q (2 players)
      BB bets $0.09, Hero calls $0.09

Turn: ($0.35) 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08

River: ($0.51) 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12

Total pot: $0.75 | Rake: $0.05

My big problem here is that AK is way ahead of whatever he would play. I am 99% sure he doesn't have a queen but when he bets 3 times should I give him the credit of having a PP?
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      You have a lot of showdown value so calling all the way, considering bet sizes is OK. If you put him on a PP on the flop then you should raise the turn in hopes of making him fold. But if he is just a standard micro's fish don't even bother because they don't think about what you could have, they only think about their own hand. He sees a full house and he likes it so he is going all the way. Calling down best option against unknown.
    • AmAsu
      AmAsu
      Basic
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      If you put him on a PP on the flop then you should raise the turn in hopes of making him fold.
      Players don't fold full houses! 100% true at 2NL :)

Calling all the way seems fine, considering the bet sizes.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      I think it's overall fine. Taising would do nothing, but push any worse hands out, so I tend to try and catch A/K on turn or river. Calling river is close as I think you will see pp more often than not, but I think odds are too good to fold. Against nit/passive - doable.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Duudalinja
      I think it's overall fine. Taising would do nothing, but push any worse hands out, so I tend to try and catch A/K on turn or river. Calling river is close as I think you will see pp more often than not, but I think odds are too good to fold. Against nit/passive - doable.
      Originally posted by AmAsu
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      If you put him on a PP on the flop then you should raise the turn in hopes of making him fold.
      Players don't fold full houses! 100% true at 2NL :)

Calling all the way seems fine, considering the bet sizes.
      This.