[NL2-NL10] NL2 AK UTG vs donk and QQQ flop

• stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Hello,
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($2)
      BB ($0.70)
      Hero (UTG) ($2.89)
      UTG+1 ($2)
      MP1 ($2.09)
      MP2 ($2.03)
      CO ($2.13)
      Button ($4.04)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, K
      Hero bets $0.08, 6 folds, BB calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.17) Q, Q, Q (2 players)
      BB bets $0.09, Hero calls $0.09

Turn: ($0.35) 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08

River: ($0.51) 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12

Total pot: $0.75 | Rake: $0.05

My big problem here is that AK is way ahead of whatever he would play. I am 99% sure he doesn't have a queen but when he bets 3 times should I give him the credit of having a PP?
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      You have a lot of showdown value so calling all the way, considering bet sizes is OK. If you put him on a PP on the flop then you should raise the turn in hopes of making him fold. But if he is just a standard micro's fish don't even bother because they don't think about what you could have, they only think about their own hand. He sees a full house and he likes it so he is going all the way. Calling down best option against unknown.
    • AmAsu
      AmAsu
      Basic
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      If you put him on a PP on the flop then you should raise the turn in hopes of making him fold.
      Players don't fold full houses! 100% true at 2NL :)

Calling all the way seems fine, considering the bet sizes.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      I think it's overall fine. Taising would do nothing, but push any worse hands out, so I tend to try and catch A/K on turn or river. Calling river is close as I think you will see pp more often than not, but I think odds are too good to fold. Against nit/passive - doable.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Duudalinja
      I think it's overall fine. Taising would do nothing, but push any worse hands out, so I tend to try and catch A/K on turn or river. Calling river is close as I think you will see pp more often than not, but I think odds are too good to fold. Against nit/passive - doable.
      Originally posted by AmAsu
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      If you put him on a PP on the flop then you should raise the turn in hopes of making him fold.
      Players don't fold full houses! 100% true at 2NL :)

Calling all the way seems fine, considering the bet sizes.
      This.