[NL2-NL10] NL10 KQ 3-way vs. donkbet

• Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      ***** Hand History for Game 2378493082 ***** (IPoker)
      $10.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Wednesday, August 04, 02:11:36 ET 2010
      Table Sanjak (Real Money)
      Seat 5 is the button
      Seat 1: Piters1990 ( $18.67 USD )
      Seat 3: FIZIKua ( $10.15 USD )
      Seat 5: tumaser ( $10.00 USD )
      Seat 6: PKRzoetje ( $9.21 USD )
      Seat 8: kulfon1 ( $10.23 USD )
      PKRzoetje posts small blind [$0.05 USD].
      kulfon1 posts big blind [$0.10 USD].
      ** Dealing down cards **
      Dealt to Piters1990 [ K :diamond: Q :heart: ]
      Piters1990 raises [$0.35 USD]
      FIZIKua folds
      tumaser folds
      PKRzoetje calls [$0.30 USD]
      kulfon1 calls [$0.25 USD]
      ** Dealing Flop ** [ 2 :club: , Q :diamond: , 3 :club:]
      PKRzoetje bets [$0.80 USD]
      kulfon1 folds
      Piters1990 raises [$3.20 USD]
      PKRzoetje calls [$2.40 USD]
      ** Dealing Turn ** [ T :heart: ]
      PKRzoetje checks
      Piters1990 checks
      ** Dealing River ** [ 8 :club: ]
      PKRzoetje bets [$3.72 USD]

Villain (VPIP/PFR/AG) (42/21/3.6)

Any suggestions on the river? Is my re-raise of his donk and shutting off afterwards ok? Maybe i could bet the turn, because he could be just a bad player, unable to let off the flushdraw. If the river was not a club I would go broke here, is that ok?
  • 2 replies
    • AmAsu
      AmAsu
      Basic
      First, if river is not a club, I would not go broke, I would just call it down. No reason to put more in the middle on that board, so few hands that you beat call you.

On turn I'd bet because I only fear QT and I would estimate a large % of his range as flush draws. On the river it's really a judgement call. It's a perfect card for him to turn his hand into a bluff, so in this situations you have to have some kind of a read on him. If you don't have, you could call just for the info, hoping to win it just some % of the time, but this is ok since you only have to win in 25% of the cases to break even.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

As soon as you raise the flop it means you consider his flop donk/continuing range wide enough for you fastplay TP2K for value. Against a 46/21 this is a perfectly reasonable assumption, but you have to follow through with your line on the turn otherwise it makes no sense. When villain donk/calls the flop he usually has some clubdraw or Qx, which he will call it off on the turn with, so there is no reason for you to both miss value and give him a chance to outdraw you.

On the river flip a coin, donk/calls on the flop are pretty often draws but then again your opponent looks like he could maybe bet Qx there as some kind of blockbet since he made it half pot or just randomly show up with a nonsensical bluff, so really you can't really make a bad call or a bad fold without further reads.

Hope it helps.