anyone here grinding micro DoNs?

• conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      curious to see whos grinding DoN's atm, and if they have a blog. would love to follow as i'm interested in em.

also would like to know how you studied to beat the format. I currently am using SnG wiz.
  • 7 replies
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      I grinded 2k $1.10 dons with a 5% ROI and it turned out to be the biggest waste of time I've ever endured.

If you like them well good for you but imo they're horrible. I found that the only way to play them is to play a stupid number of tables.

As for learning... I didn't do much to be honest, just play super duper tight and abuse the hell out of tight regs on the bubble. I never actually found a decent article for dons... What you're already doing with sng wiz is about as good as you're gonna get for when the stacks get low.

I've heard people can beat them comfortably up until the $20.80 limit but have been told that once you hit $52 games it is super reg infested and barely beatable. There is a ceiling you hit with these games fairly quick provided you can play them well.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      I *now have a working hud on IPN so i'm tempted to try them here.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      I haven't played nearly as many as Wurble. But i wouldn't bother with them either. Unless you enjoy playing them ALOT more then other forms of poker. If you don't then i suggest learning tournaments, cashgames or normal/mt sng's.

I find them extremely boring and not worth bothering with since you will have to switch to a different style of poker sooner or later anyway for better profit. So why waste your time?
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      I played only one DoN and i will never play it again. I remember that i eliminated 4 players in about 30 minutes, and then there was THE BUBBLE, which lasted for about hour and a half. Worst two hours of my life.
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      Double or nothing totally sucks. The only one that wins is the poker room. I doubt many players earn more in winnings on DoN then the rake % = great business for the poker room.
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Originally posted by conall88
      I *now have a working hud on IPN so i'm tempted to try them here.
      Forget playing them on IPN mate, the rake is far too high to beat long term for a decent roi. Just my opinion but either play them at stars or nowhere because you need two things in dons and they are low rake and lots of traffic. Only stars has both of these.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      rake on IPN is 10%.

I'm v comfy in MTTs, but i'm on a micro roll atm.

final tabled two MTTs yesterday :) , but unfortunately they were micro ,so the winnings are minimal.

guess I'l stick with uNL.