[NL2-NL10] NL2 JJ on low flop

• stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Is it worth calling?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($2.09)
      Button ($1.03)
      SB ($3.13)
      BB ($1.87)
      UTG ($1.95)
      UTG+1 ($2.44)
      Hero (MP1) ($2.72)
      MP2 ($1.60)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J, J
      UTG calls $0.02, UTG+1 bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.14, 6 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.33) 4, 7, 5 (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.22, UTG+1 raises to $2.30 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $0.77 | Rake: $0.05
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      3bet bigger ~.18 pre even if you are IP because the pot has 1bb extra from the limper. It's not a rule but it gives opponents worse odds. Here I think I would call very often. SDs, FDs any overpair on a flop that doesn't hit your 3betting range looks good for shoving there.
    • AmAsu
      AmAsu
      Basic
      I'd call also, because your small 3bet gave him odds for a call with all PPs (not that he would have folded them on a slightly bigget 3bet :) ), and, like said before, the flop is not good for a pf 3bettor so he might do this with 66 or 88+. Sure, sometimes he has a set or QQ+, but I doubt he has those and betting them so big unless I've seen him doing this before.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      I tend to agree with previous posters with bigger 3bet pre, but I think bout calling that shove. Overall it makes sense if he's capable of shoving worse hands and draws here, but there are players that just doesn't know what to do and how to play this and shove it in your face with their nuts because it's 3bet pot and you did bet on the flop.
      I don't see folding as a sin here if you have good reasoning to do that. You are behind overs+FD, set, combo draws and he may have them as your 3bet was smallish and stacks deeper than 100BB.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Heed previous posters' advice about your 3-bet sizing preflop and make it a default size for you.

Postflop hard to say without any kind of read. You'll find players only capable of check/shoving with hands that crush you and others that will do it with anything remotely-decent looking. Since you did make it very cheap preflop and he could be in there with lots of crap hands I'd probably also default to calling it off without being happy about it.

Hope it helps.