$5.00
      CO:
      $4.87
      BU:
      $23.82
      SB:
      $1.93

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, J.
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.17, Hero raises to $0.45, 4 folds, MP2 calls $0.28.

Flop: ($0.97) 7, A, J (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.97, Hero calls $0.97.

Turn: ($2.91) T (2 players)
      MP2 bets $2.91, Hero raises to $3.58(All-In), MP2 calls $0.67.

River: ($10.07) 3 (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.07.

I know it's not the best idea to 3bet a tight player with QJ. The reason I did it is because he had 75% fold to 3bet over 122 hands and if he has KK+ he'll just 4bet if he calls I'm happy to play IP against him. If he folds, even better!

My question is about postflop: Does his bet and style of play show enough implied odds to call with 2nd pair + FD?
  • 4 replies
    • AmAsu
      AmAsu
      Basic
      3betting QJs is fine as long as you have a good reason to do it, and not just doing it automatically, and you seemed to have a good reason for it.

On the flop I would try to get it in because you don't want to get thrown off the pot on the turn when you miss your outs, considering you have so much equity on the flop.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      3betting pre should be fine as you have reasoning for doing that, but I like 3betting with more marginal holdings and calling with QJ as imho they play fine even without taking initiative.
      I think you have enough odds to call flop, but the problem is he may still continue betting turn or just give up and if you don't hit you will be hard time calling another bet with all your stack, so I like just going shoving the flop.
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      I think 3bet is fine. Would make it larger though.

Flop: I just shove. It's +EV against even the tighest ranges. Prefer this to calling when readless since I don't want to put myself in a position where I fold good equity and possibly the best hand if the turn blanks .
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      I think 3bet is fine. Would make it larger though.

Flop: I just shove. It's +EV against even the tighest ranges. Prefer this to calling when readless since I don't want to put myself in a position where I fold good equity and possibly the best hand if the turn blanks .
      +1
      I´d also shove flop, since you have too much equity to fold turn ui and he can easily just get all-in there any sort of draws that you beat or he may bet/fold maybe better hands like KK/QQ or weak Ax hands