Hero ($169)
      UTG+1 ($172)
      UTG+2 ($254)
      CO ($68)
      BTN ($369)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: A:club:

Hero raises to $12, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $8

FLOP ($26) 4:spade: K:diamond: Q:club:

BB bets $24, Hero raises to $68, BB raises to $144 (AI), Hero calls $76.20

Hi,

Villain is fish :) Only 24 hands but retarded moves again ;)
      The donk/raise line worries me a bit but doesnt make sense at all = fishy play. There is no way to fold AA for < 40xbb vs fish IMO.

Thoughts?

He'd probably donks OESD, and pairs+.
      What he raises with? Kx+ and better IMO.
      Most sensible cards are KQ... but again its a fish.

T.
  • 3 replies
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      No way you can fold IMO.

Possible is flat calling since villain has at most 6 outs and you often have decent redraws if he happens to hit. 44 is a definite possibility since you are deep = he can setmine you. Calling $8 to win your $156 + the $6 already in the pot is a good play. Also, villain's line is the best way to play a set of 4's. Still there are so many other hands in his range that you are either way ahead of or have a lot of equity against.

Honestly it is very close between raising and calling to me. If he has AK KQ KJ 44 or hands like this then the money will go in no matter how you play it. No turn card can come that will get either of you off these hands so now you have to play as if he doesn't have these hands.

Against JT you would like to protect so raising seems best. Against random bluffs calling is better since you have position and he can bluff all in on the turn or something stupid like that. Maybe he has 99 and is now donking the flop to see where he is at. Most of this range will fold if you raise flop, and you get a lot of stupid shoves on the turn if you flat call.

Still, getting the money in on the flop is a fine play. Obviously you lost the hand since this hand got posted in the forum so I will say this: results are meaningless.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      If he is aggro-fish I would raise to $51 and jam any Turn. he can spazz out if you just click it back

I think you can't go wrong if you raise here but giving him the final bullet

Flatting is fine but you give his drawing hands a free opportunity. If they miss they tend to fold to a raise then altho i think if he barrels the Turn when you flat he is more or less committed

- Gerv
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

Yes I also noticed that my raise size was big. 2.5x raise is better.

Flatting is an option, but I'd rather get the money in ASAP unless I hold a really strong hand :)

For your fun: the fish had QTs :f_mad: and didnt suck out :f_cool: . Great play getting it in with 2nd pair medium kicker...

Just wanted to check the hand (so I dont only post hands I've lost :) )

T.