None showdown winnings

• ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      Hey guys, I currectly play nl10 SH about to move up to nl25 and looking at my graph I have noticed that my none showdown winning are terrible, its just one big massive line steadily declining. Is this normal for nlSH or are people actually making profit from there none showdown winnings? If so please tell me some ways I can fix it, i've only started c betting again on nl10 for the last 10k hands but it seems to have the same steady decline result.
  • 11 replies
    • METALzx
      METALzx
      Bronze
      If you play TAG style it's normal I think.
      LAGs or advanced players mostly have lovely red lines.
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      Yea I play tag cause I multi table 20+ tables
    • nitaidean
      nitaidean
      Bronze
      I multitable TAG style on NL10, and its the same for me: my showdown winnings are huge and my non showdown winnings are definitely negative and declining.

But I thought about it... in poker, obviously, sometimes you'll have the better hand, and then your goal is to maximize the amount of money that goes in the pot and hopefully make it to showdown. And sometimes you'll have the worse hand, in which case your goal is either to bluff and win (which doesnt work so well in the low limits) or minimize the amount of money that goes in the pot by folding as early as possible, and of course, not making it to showdown.

So all the cases where you're winning, ideally, should be in the went-to-showdown category, where all the cases where you're beat should be in the non-showdown category. So it makes sense that one will be low and the other high.
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      Yep that is true, however my graph is as steady going down as my showdown winning are up, i think there might be a leak in my game
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      i think that up to nl50 u dont need to have the red line go up and u cant also(cant have it go up and win $$$) but i am not sure about it.

dont u all know noone folds at micros?
    • nitaidean
      nitaidean
      Bronze
      I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean you have a leak - just that you are playing solid TAG poker, which is what works on the lower stakes. Your edge over the other players is that you know how to fold, which saves you money in the long run, but makes your non-showdown-winnings look bad.
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ZeMammuth
      If you decrease the amount of tables to 4-6 you'll see how that red line starts breaking even or even showing profit. You'll just notice tons of more good spots to bluff, 2nd barrel and win uncontested pots. I've never seen anyone capable of 20-tabling and still stealing at the right spots.
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Originally posted by Shevtshenko
      If you decrease the amount of tables to 4-6 you'll see how that red line starts breaking even or even showing profit. You'll just notice tons of more good spots to bluff, 2nd barrel and win uncontested pots. I've never seen anyone capable of 20-tabling and still stealing at the right spots.
      This +1 - I dropped from 16-24 tabling to 8 tables yesterday - Small sample but over 26k hands my red line slowly headed down to 10 or 15 $ in total and with 2-3k hands 8 tabling it's come back up sharply, now nearly at break even.

I now realise that playing a stupid number of tables has been my biggest leak of all at the micro's.
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      lol I know for a fact that I can crush the games for atleast 10/100 if I play 4-6 tables, but I make a lot more money playing 24 tables. Let's just say i've been moving up the limits fairly quickly.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      lol I know for a fact that I can crush the games for atleast 10/100 if I play 4-6 tables, but I make a lot more money playing 24 tables. Let's just say i've been moving up the limits fairly quickly.
      then don't worry about the red line, the only line that matters is a green one anyway.

keep on trucking 8-)

NFS
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      The problem is half of players on NL10 dont know where the fold button is located. Therefor its almost impossible to get red line to breakeven. You're non-showdown winnings can only be positive if you can make people fold. Next to impossible on NL10. NL25 gets a bit better, but its still more or less the same.