Nemster OnTrack - NLHE SH Blog

• Nemster
      Nemster
      Bronze
      Hi everyone.

Background

I'm nemster, 21 years old, a Pole living in England ( West Midlands ).
      Came to England to study, but at the moment just working full time.

My adventure with poker started in early high school, where a friend of mine used to play online and was capable of making a descent ( for high school ) income.

I started playing with him on that silly polish poker site, where you played via web browser and couldn't have more than 2 tables open.
      Lacking fundamental knowledge I quickly lost everything and stopped playing.

2 Years later, just after starting my first year at uni, in my mailbox, i found some sort of a gambling magazine, which I don't remember the name of, with an installation disc of PKR software, which I decided to check out.

I played play-money sngs for about 6 months with a goal of reaching play-money $ 1 000 000 before depositing any 'real money'. That never happened, because one friend (HELLutek <bow>) sent me an invite to 'poker school which gives you $50 for free to play with' - pokerstrategy.com <bow>

After passing the quiz, I quickly started playing sngs and mtts and just as quickly lost it all. Then played freerolls, $0.10 turbo mtts for ages with no effect.

New Era

On April the 14th, I found out that friend of mine - snay aka siata <.o/> plays poker himself with quite a success and told me that I should deposit some money, read pokerstrategy articles and start playing SH cashgames instead of tournaments.

Because at the time I had no money to spare, he gave me $6.76 :) he had left on his Gear Poker account after migration to Poker Stars and said if i manage to multiply it, I can have it.
      I managed to run it up to $30, however lost it all (again).

He then said that he'll lend me $20 on pokerstars and I should start playing there, but not loose it all this time (easy to say). After watching haasenbraten's video on micro FR play, decided to give FR cash games a try and .... lost it all.

Putting a vast amount of faith into my abilities, snay decided to lend me extra $20 but this time ordered me to play SH and during my first session he wanted to watch me play via skype. This way I had my first sweat session.

This time i haven't lost it and here we are:

New Beginnings

So far here is what i managed to produce with my play

There is about 20k hands missing from my database which somehow disappeared during migration from PT3 to HEM. It is pretty much accurate though.

Goals, Rules, Aims

I have a major leak in my showdown winnings, I can see it while playing and have to work on that.

I play 6-8 tables of nl2 SH on pokerstars using BSS.

I have $62.57 and 26.21 fpp in my account, VIP level: silver star.

I will be using 25BI BRM rule.

Once a week I will post brief analysis of my progress.

I want to get into the habit of Marking interesting hands during sessions then posting them in hand evaluation forums.

end of month

I want to watch at least 1 video a week, 5 a month.

I want to play at least 10k weekly, 50k monthly

By the end of the month I want to be at least on nl5, which means at least 125$ in my account.

By the end of the month I want to read Bronze, silver and gold articles on BSS, psychology, etc.

end of year

Reach at least NL50.

Let The Game Begin
  • 8 replies
    • snay
      snay
      Bronze
      good luck mate! keep up the good work and ffs stop overplayin pairs! its nl2! play tag style just like PS suggests! lets make some money shall we?!
      thats the game we're supposed to play bro! NLG FOREVAH!

.o/
    • HELLutek
      HELLutek
      Gold
      don't bluff, just value town to death. then try loosening up as you move trough the stakes.
      play hard go pro
      code:
         o          o         o          o
        /|\__      /|\__     /|\__      /|\__
       / |        / |         |          |
        /\         /\        /\         /\
       |  |       |  |      |  |       |  | 

one for all all for one
    • Nemster
      Nemster
      Bronze
      Hey guys, good to see you here .o/

Working loads over the weekend so don't have time for a single session.
      Will start putting in a lot of volume from monday.
    • snay
      snay
      Bronze
      tuesday already and no post! seems to me that you care about that blog : P
    • Nemster
      Nemster
      Bronze
      Over the weekend I managed to play a little bit.

Hands: 3224
      Balance : +12.48

So bankroll is now at $72.20.

I have also received an e-mail from Party poker ( I used to play freerolls over there ) stating that they miss me and are willing to encourage me to come back with $85 worth of bonuses, which would give my bankroll a nice boost.

From what I remember though, there is no nl2 SH tables there ( I'll check it in a bit ). So the plan for now is to either grind pokerstars until I am comfortably bankrolled for their lowest limit with SH tables or go there and clear the bonuses by playing FR ( which I really don't want to do... ). I have 22 days left to claim the bonuses.

I am going to play a big session now, so will update later on today and post some interesting hands, my graph and stats so far.

So long.
    • Nemster
      Nemster
      Bronze
      After checking Party Poker software, it turns out they have nl4 SH there. That makes my newest short-term goal of making $100 and moving there straight away.

As I said, I played a session today, wasn't very good though, -$8.67 over 2054 hands, that included a minor variance malfuction though (that's the graph since the beginning of the blog) :

I decided not to post my stats until i gather at least somewhat decent sample size, let's say 10k.
    • HELLutek
      HELLutek
      Gold
      variance is a bitch
    • HELLutek
      HELLutek
      Gold
      gief update plx