[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH ATo BB

• gonepoker
      Hello. So SB is a rock doesn't steal too much (22% but just 56 hands about him). I think I shouldn't fold this even if he was playing 9/4 for that time. Maybe it's better just to 3bet preflop? I have chosen calling because he's oop anyway and will give up on many turns or even flops. What surprises me is that he 2nd barrels turn. Now I decited to play for pot control and hoping to check the river. Thought he might be on a flush draw (but in most cases he probably would check the turn) or holding pocket pairs 22 44 66+ also mabe picked up a pair of tens on turn since AT, KT, QT, JT, maybe even T9 or more cards like one gappers should be in his range. King on the river didtn't appear scary card because I believe he would have been give up king high on the turn.

Should I play more agressively pre flop against this guy? Is it better to play for pot control in this situation? Maybe consider fold the river since his 3 barreling looks really strong?

Oh and the surprise was that he had KTo :) Thanks for helping me out :)

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($10.82)
      SB ($10.51)
      Hero (BB) ($10.35)
      UTG ($8.13)
      MP ($13.31)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 10, A
      3 folds, SB bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.60) 2, 6, 4 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.40) 10 (2 players)
      SB bets $1, Hero calls $1

River: ($3.40) K (2 players)
      SB bets $2.40, Hero calls $2.40

Total pot: $8.20
  • 2 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      Yeah, I would probably 3bet pre, but there is nothing wrong with calling as you stated above. On the flop I would raise, because it just doesn't hit a tight players range so you are very likely to make him fold better Ax. As played, his river bet looks strong and taking into account he is a tight player I could find a fold but I've seen tight players triple barreling air against me, so calling is really up to the feeling you got from the player in the hands before.
    • Kaitz20
      I would likely just call ip
      Since it is hard to get your A high hand to showdown and he misses a lot on that board I´d prefer raising on the flop than just calling
      Calling turn is fine
      Don´t think you´re ahead that often on the river, but calldown is fine