$25.00
      BU:
      $24.05
      SB:
      $24.19
      BB:
      $30.73

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J, J.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.25, 3 folds, SB calls $1.15, BB folds, MP1 calls $1.00.

Flop: ($4) K, 8, 6 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.50, MP1 calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($5.5) 9 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.50, MP1 raises to $5.00, Hero calls $5.00, SB folds.

River: ($16) 3 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $16.00

Hi!

Sb is a cs fish and mp1 is a rock.

Now looking at this hand I have a feeling that I completely misplayed it. Dunno really why I called the bet from sb, but somewhere in the back of my thought process I knew I was hardly ever ahead and If I bet I will usually be behind by river if called.

But from this kind of perspective flop should be a clear bet/fold.

Turn bet from villain looks like he is desperately trying to protect his strong but again marginal hand on that board. If I hit 4th heart I am probably ahead but am rearly getting the value on river cuz he will never go broke on river with tptp, two pair maybe set but I really doubt it.

So fold turn as played?
  • 3 replies
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      You can raise the flop since you showed stregnth pre.
      But flop call is also ok imo and then fold the turn, you dont have the odds here and no implied odds.
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      I'd propably just peel the flop as you did. Sometimes you've got the best hand, sometimes you've got nine outs for the best hand. Easy call, on turn when the rock raises, it's an easy muck. You can never-ever get any value from worse hands on river if you hit your flushdraw.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would likely also raise flop, since donkbet isn´t really the strongest indicator that you´re behind and by raising 3$ you take back initiative and can decide on the turn if you want to take free card or not
      as played: i´d also call turn raise, since he can raise there with flushdraws and if he has Kx then you have equity to catch up and also he may just check to you on the river with his missed draws, so you can go to showdown