[NL20-NL50] NL25 AA(mp3),fr

• TetraQuark
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, A.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.25, MP1 calls $0.25, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 3 folds, BB calls $1.25, 2 folds, MP1 folds.

Flop: ($3.6) T, K, K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.75, BB raises to $6.00, Hero raises to $23.50, BB calls $17.50(All-In).

Turn: ($50.6) K (2 players)

River: ($50.6) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $50.6.

Villain is 17/8/1.8

Is shove on this flop ok? I am way behind any K and TT but am gaining much value from different draws.
  • 4 replies
    • Dublimax
      Hi Gregor,

Very similar hand was commented by Kaitz and others:

NL 50 SH, AA on QQx flop

It was versus a fish though.

What about calling his raise since you are IP.
      If a blank card comes and he bets you fold and if he checks you check behind.
      If an ugly card comes you fold to any bet.
      With the K on the turn you can probably shove then.
    • Shevtshenko

That's nowhere near the same situation as in the hand you refer to. This pot is singleraised, it's vs. a very different kind of villain. And here a guy with AF of 1,8 (what's the samplesize, what's his c/r flop value?) is c/mring on a paired flop.

I think on flop you're very often against Kx or TT. I don't see any reason for a draw to c/mr on such a flop. I mean, what is he trying to fold out with such a move? If villain has QhJh (the strongest draw), he's still drawing/behind against any continuing range. Kx is never giving up, TT isn't going to fold either and if you're not folding AA you're folding absolutely no hand that villain couldn't bluff out by playing c/c, donk or c/c, check(/fold), donk. Knowing villains c/r flop value would really help though.

If his AF is <2, it's gettin ugly. I'd propably call the mr on flop and fold to further action on turn. When the 3rd king folds on turn you've got the 2nd nuts and villain is never semibluffing you anymore (since you represent the K by flatting his raise). TT is shutting down, with QQ&JJ villain is presumably 3betting preflop so his valuerange on turn is just Kx. Which obviously sucks a ton.
    • TetraQuark
      Shevtshenko & Dublimax .. Thanks a bunch really nice answers!
    • Kaitz20
      I´d b/c turn, since he can sometimes show up there draws and sucks to b/f aces on that board when I´m going to b/f there almost 90% of times
      You can always decide on the turn if you want to shove, call or fold
      Don´t like shove, since he may b/c with QhJh or AQ/AJhh, but mostly he´d fold his bluffs and call only with better hands
      If you call and K comes I´d not fold my hand, but I also don´t see reason shoving. So if he bets I´d call and either call river or maybe do smt stupid like min-raise, although very likely he´d c/c river with Tx and b/f his draws.