[NL2-NL10] 22 overbet river

• SiXAT
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with 2, 2.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.08, Hero calls $0.08, SB folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.25) A, A, 8 (3 players)
      BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.14, BB calls $0.14, CO folds.

Turn: ($0.53) 4 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.53) 6 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.75, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.53.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      I don't like that you bet the flop and check the turn. First of all, what do you accomplish with that bet on the flop? Value bet or bluff bet? Now, the 4c on the turn. How does the situation change? Well, he pretty much called your flop bet with any PP, trips or better. So that 4c doesn't change that situation all that much. There is now a FD and 2 gutshots but it's less likely he is floating he flop with that kind of holdings backdoor draws. Imo, you have to bet again. If he floated the flop with what I just mentioned you are ahead and need value. If he has a PP he is not going to fold it to a smallish paired flop bet, so your bet is a bluff. On the other hand, you wouldn't mind to bet and take it down right away, as there enough dead money in the pot already.

The very big problem with this whole situation is that you are not the preflop aggressor so you can't represent a lot of holdings. And they will almost never fold 99 there. With that flop in a 3-way pot I would c/f without reads of opponents folding a lot to postflop aggression.
    • Duudalinja
      I think there are reasons for checking back and betting flop. Checking back is fine as you called pre mostly for set value and there are a lot better hands out there and you can force him to fold plain overcards and maybe some low pp's. But at the same time by betting you can take down pot now without letting them hit their overcards. I think checking back turn is fine after betting flop as you tried to bet with intention to take down pot, not get value from worse hands as there are almost none of them.
      As played fold the river to such a overbet.
    • Kaitz20
      I think taking stab is fine, since they would sometimes fold there KQ/KJ, maybe some small pp-s
      As played: easy fold river, even if he is bluffing there 33, he beats your hand and very often it is Ax