[NL2-NL10] NL Ajs from Sb vs BB good or bad bluff on the river?

• alecsCQ
      alecsCQ
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($13.11)
      BB ($22.29)
      UTG ($12.35)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      CO ($10.50)
      BTN ($10.35)

Dealt to Hero J:heart: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BB calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.60) 9:heart: 4:club: 7:heart:

Hero bets $0.40, BB raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.80

TURN ($3) 9:heart: 4:club: 7:heart: T:diamond:

Hero checks, BB checks[/color]

RIVER ($3) 9:heart: 4:club: 7:heart: T:diamond: 3:club:
      [color=red]Hero checks, BB bets $3, Hero raises to $11.61 (AI)

BB very agresive on the flop not very agresive turn and river 21/19
      bet turn? reraise flop? river is good to bluff?
  • 4 replies
    • minihulk22
      minihulk22
      Global
      [quote]Originally posted by alecsCQ
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($13.11)
      BB ($22.29)
      UTG ($12.35)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      CO ($10.50)
      BTN ($10.35)

Dealt to Hero J:heart: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BB calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.60) 9:heart: 4:club: 7:heart:

Hero bets $0.40, BB raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.80

TURN ($3) 9:heart: 4:club: 7:heart: T:diamond:

Hero checks, BB checks[/color]

RIVER ($3) 9:heart: 4:club: 7:heart: T:diamond: 3:club:
      [color=red]Hero checks, BB bets $3, Hero raises to $11.61 (AI)

BB very agresive on the flop not very agresive turn and river 21/19
      bet turn? reraise flop? river is good to bluff?[/quote]Don't count my opinion , but...you cbet flop , v good flop for you, u have a flush draw plus some overcards , you bet 2/3 it's v good and now he re-raise u offering 2.5 to 1 odds , if u know that he is v aggro on flop it's a little bit forced but ok , check turn , on the river you c/r this is the part that I don't like ,
      if u have some serious reads on him , maybe , but here your gonna be called by sets , str8 etc.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I would also bet turn because you have gained some equity if he is ahead and there is enough dead money to want to take it down right here. With that tricky check on the turn though you can represent a lot on that 3c. First, you might have made a straight on the turn and checked it in hope he gets aggro. On the river 56s is also completed and it would make sense for you to hold. c/r on the river is risky but here he would have a very tough time calling even with top set. All in all I like your play, but I would want to hear your reasons for doing it.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      I wouldn't bluff river as he potted his bet so I respect that.
      You may bet turn but I don't like it too much as I may get raised if he's not the type who's bluff-raising cbets. If he's aggro on flop but passive on turn I like just checking back as if he buffed he won't bet anyway, but if he has a hand he will raise you anyway if you bet so checking seems like better way to get a free river card just because you have outs and I don't wanna waste them here.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Since it's SBvsBB and a 21/19 will be full of shit when he raises in that spot so often, I'd either 3-bet the flop and call it off or just call planning on check/shoving most turns if I believe he's aggressive enough to try and follow through on another street.

As played he's repping 33 exactly (which is possible he could have turned it into a bluff-raise on that board) since it's pretty dumb for him to check back the turn with anything else that he can valuebet so big on the river. Maybe he's not that good and he "pot-controlled" some decent hand on the turn tho I doubt it.

Him possibly bluffing with a better hand is what really prevents us from check/calling in that spot, so we're left with folding and shoving. Since we have no fold equity whatsoever against made hands that valuebet the river so big our shove only has value as a rebluff to take him off crap hands. Still his line is so funky and he has so much air in his range for raising that flop that I actually like your shove. Nothing wrong with just folding either, especially if you don't think he's bluff-raising the flop as often as I do to begin with.

Hope it helps.