[NL2-NL10] J7 3bet

• SiXAT
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, 7.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.08, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.24, BU calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.49) Q, Q, 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.49) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.28, BU calls $0.28.

River: ($1.05) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.64, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.05.
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      Any reads/stats on BU? If not, then this is a fold pre.

If you have reasons to do this, it's a situation where you don't give a crap about your cards but only about villain's and what he can fold. So I think cbet on the flop isn't bad, c/r also works, delayed cbet on the turn and so on. Here you are also very likely to have the best hand and I would honestly c/c the river because he won't call worse but he would bet worse.
    • Duudalinja
      As I already mentioned in on of you previous hands I don't like 3betting OOP with marginal holdings too much and I see you like it, so expect to get in nasty spots postflop just like this.
      You have almost no equity here, but giving up your hands sucks, because you already showed strength pre and you can't call his bet even if he's bluffing, so I would just cbet and hope he folds.
    • SiXAT
      i made it becasue he plaed tag and often attacked the blinds, so i expected him to fold often preflop.
      postflop i didnt expect him to fold any hand in his calling range(as i think its usualy a pair, AK,AQ), so the J comes on turn i am vey likely to be ahead, and also looks like i might bluff so i expect him to call most of his range.
    • Kaitz20
      If you 3-bet J7s I think you have to c-bet that flop 100%, since he´d fold there so often and even if he calls once you can fire club, A, K, likely J, 7, which is quite a lot barreling options
      I think he won´t call that big river bet, so if I´d bet out I´d make it 0.4$ or take c/c line to let him bet all his missed draws