[NL2-NL10] Did i play my AQ correctly?

• AllinStefk
      I dont play cash tables, as i feel that my strength is in Tourneys BUT i have been reading alot of articles and have decided to grind it out on the cash tables. I came across this particular hand and was wondering if i played this correctly or if i was potentially loosing it on the flop with my re-raise.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, A.
      MP3 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.45, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.35.

Flop: ($1.05) 5, A, 4 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.76, MP3 raises to $2.40, Hero raises to $3.36, MP3 calls $0.96.

Turn: ($7.77) J (2 players)

River: ($7.77) 7 (2 players)

Final Pot: $7.77.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of aces(Q A).
      MP3 shows a pair of twos(2 2).

Hero wins with a pair of aces(Q A).
  • 4 replies
    • Tampaloeres81

NH, I like it. You cant let go TPGK shortstacked.
      You could cbet a little smaller 1/2 PSB since the board is dry, but as played its easier to get it in :P

Did you double up before this hand? Because I see your stack is 38xbb which is too big for SSS (standard is 20xbb).

• AllinStefk
      Hi and thanks Tampaloeres81,

Yeah, my c-bet could've been a little smaller but like you noticed, i am well over stacked for SSS. The previuos hand was also a monster against pocket 2's again and my pocket A's. I will post that up. I decided to stick around one more hand and came a cross this.

I was multi-tabling at the same time and crushing! Very good session that only lasted about 1000 hands. Have a few interesting spots but this hand i posted was bothering me alot.

• burek2000
      Hey AllinStefk,

I like the hand as played. Also the bigger c-bet on the flop is well played because you have a bigger stack and need to build up the pot to get all your money into the pot. Nice hand!

I would like to ask you to post NL10 hands in the NL10 forum and to remove the results when posting in hand evaluation forums because they can affect the discussion of the hand.

• AllinStefk
      Thanks for the feedback Burek2000. Much appreciated. I will do so in future :-)