[NL2-NL10] 66 -> overpair

• gutshotstraightdraw
      Hero $100
      CO $60.30
      SB $81.25
      BB $134.37

0.50/1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 6:heart: , 6:diamond:
      Hero raises to $4.00, CO calls $4.00, BU folds, SB calls $3.50, BB calls $3.00.

Flop: ($16.00) 5:diamond: , 2:diamond: , 3:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $12, CO calls $12.00, 2 folds.

Turn: ($40.00) 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $23, Hero raises to $84.00 (All-In), CO raises to $44.30 (All-In).

Was that move too risky?

River: ($168.30) T:heart:

Final Pot: $168.30
  • 3 replies
    • Nunki
      After your pf raise is called in three places I'd have to credit at least one of my opponents to hold a small/mid PP. For this reason I'd check/fold the turn as the only reasonable hand you are possibly ahead of there (44) has a ton of outs.

However, depending upon opponent your hand does have some value as a bluff-catcher. I hope you won the pot.

Versus straightforward and reasonable players your turn play is way risky.
    • degnic
      I'm not sure if I would even contibet here on this flop against 3 villains. You don't have a strong hand on flop, and the board is very drawy and against 3 villains you get called here way too often to make the contibet profitable. I would play check/fold on flop.. (or call a very small donkbet and hope to hit one of my 3 outs on turn :D )

Also the turn check/raise is pretty horrible in my opinion as villain commits himself to the pot with his bet and you don't create any kind of fold equity with your raise. At this point you can only hope that from the huge variety of hands villain could have, he's under the only ones you can actually beat - flushdraw or straightdraw.
    • Puschkin81
      Hi gutshotstraightdraw!

I think you should check/fold the turn. There are not many hands which you are beating and your opponent shows strength. The flop conti-bet is ok imo because you still have an overpair and probably the best hand plus 4 outs to your straight.

Good luck at the tables!