This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

general Qs for poker pro's

• dragonste
      dragonste
      Bronze
      my Qs is, when you play big tournaments 2000 people plus... do u often make it to the top 10% of final players?
      on the lower stacks such as $1 buy-in would u consistantly make it to the final 10% of players?
      just wanting to know
  • 3 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      The variance is high in MTTs, especially with $1 tournaments because they are usually donkfests :D But if you play a solid game you will cash a decent amount of the time.

Btw i'm not a pro so take my comment with a pinch of salt ;)
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      No you don't usually get in the money no matter how good you play. I think if 10% of the players get in the money if you manage to go 20% you are very good ( for a turbo tournament this is unrealistic).

Maybe you can go for higher if you're an extremely good live player, in a tournament where blinds increase very slowly.

I would believe a player that he makes around 100% roi in MTT's (doubles his money on average for every tournament), but i would be very sceptic ( to be read even if they would swear on their mother's grave i wouldn't believe them) about more than 200% in online MTT's.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      MTT pro's usually have like ~10-15% itm (in the money percent)...

But when they get deep they most often get really deep :)