general Qs for poker pro's

• dragonste
      my Qs is, when you play big tournaments 2000 people plus... do u often make it to the top 10% of final players?
      on the lower stacks such as $1 buy-in would u consistantly make it to the final 10% of players?
      just wanting to know
  • 3 replies
    • Wriggers
      The variance is high in MTTs, especially with $1 tournaments because they are usually donkfests :D But if you play a solid game you will cash a decent amount of the time.

Btw i'm not a pro so take my comment with a pinch of salt ;)
    • andreibalint
      No you don't usually get in the money no matter how good you play. I think if 10% of the players get in the money if you manage to go 20% you are very good ( for a turbo tournament this is unrealistic).

Maybe you can go for higher if you're an extremely good live player, in a tournament where blinds increase very slowly.

I would believe a player that he makes around 100% roi in MTT's (doubles his money on average for every tournament), but i would be very sceptic ( to be read even if they would swear on their mother's grave i wouldn't believe them) about more than 200% in online MTT's.
    • Hlynkinn
      MTT pro's usually have like ~10-15% itm (in the money percent)...

But when they get deep they most often get really deep :)