[NL2-NL10] KQ -> SB & AA -> CO (Same Round)

• Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      (Note, I don't have Poker Tracking Software)

Both of these hands were against the same player in the same round of play, first in the SB and then in the CO. I think I was too aggressive on both hands, though maybe my play was okay.

On the first hand I should have just Called his re-raise at the Flop I think. However, he seemed to be playing pretty aggressive to me because a few hands before he bet Pot Size on the Flop with pocket 33, while out of position against 3 players. The Flop on that hand was J95 I think, so his play was really risky. Because of that prior play I suspected that he was re-raising me at the Flop with a Flush Draw.

======================================================

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $0.83
      CO:
      $2.00
      BU:
      $1.59
      SB (Hero):
      $2.08
      BB:
      $3.07

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, Q.
      MP3 folds, CO calls $0.02, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.10, BB calls $0.08, CO calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.3) 3, 5, K (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, BB raises to $0.28, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.70, BB calls $0.42.

Turn: ($1.7) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, BB raises to $1.60, Hero calls $0.48.

River: ($4.58) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.58.

On the second hand I decided to play tricky so I limped with my AA. I was also frustrated because nothing was going right for me at all this session, so I figured I'd try something different. I am on a losing streak evidenced by the fact that I can't ever hit Sets on the Flop anymore. It seems like I've hit 2 Sets in the last 100 attempts. I normally don't limp with AA. My opponent also took his time to make decisions on the second hand, which I believe was done on purpose to make me think his hand was weak.

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $0.77
      BB:
      $2.00
      MP3:
      $1.53
      CO (Hero):
      $2.17
      BU:
      $4.91

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, A.
      MP3 calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, BU raises to $0.04, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.13, BU calls $0.09, MP3 calls $0.09.

Flop: ($0.42) 8, T, 2 (3 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.30, BU raises to $0.60, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $1.30, BU calls $0.70.

Turn: ($3.02) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.74, BU calls $0.74.

River: ($4.5) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.5.

Thanks for your opinions!
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      First hand, don't 3bet the flop. It's too dry for your 3bet to keep anything worse in the hand. Besides, he minraises... so that's either air or nuts. When you 3bet and he calls, for sure it's c/f mode. But I would just call his minraise and probably fold to any other signs of aggression.

Second hand, huge mistake for limping AA pre. Running badly is not an excuse for playing badly too. It doesn't make sense especially if you limp-raise it. As played, 3bet shove flop imo.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Few short sentences.

I wouldn't 3bet flop, but I would call it and see turn action. He may have flush draw or something like that, but I wouldn't overrate my hand by getting it in instantly unless he is really minraising anything here.

Don't limp AA pre, just raise them. You wanna make them pay! Limping may lead you to soooo bad and soooo awkward spots you will hate yourself and it looks damn strong to limp/3bet someone. At least for me.
      As played shove the flop.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Duudalinja
      Few short sentences.

I wouldn't 3bet flop, but I would call it and see turn action. He may have flush draw or something like that, but I wouldn't overrate my hand by getting it in instantly unless he is really minraising anything here.

Don't limp AA pre, just raise them. You wanna make them pay! Limping may lead you to soooo bad and soooo awkward spots you will hate yourself and it looks damn strong to limp/3bet someone. At least for me.
      As played shove the flop.
      This.