[NL2-NL10] nl5 ak

• YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      Do you guys think this hand is badly played?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $7.08
      Hero:
      $10.43

0.03/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (3 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , K:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.15, SB calls $0.12, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.35) 6:heart: , 8:spade: , Q:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, SB calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.75) K:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.45, SB raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.05.

River: ($3.75) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10.

Final Pot: $7.95
  • 3 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      As we know c/c flop and c/r turn is widely know as "teh nuts line" and this guy seems like one who may be using it. I would bet a bit bigger on turn and if he raises most likely just fold it although I'm not sure if it's the best idea. I somehow doubt he may be doing it with Qx after K on turn, so either it seems like set or KQ type of hand unless it's his usual line with random hands, for example, if he's capable of calling flop with K high and now raising as he thinks he busted your Qx hand you bet flop - calling down then becomes reasonable, but I doubt that's what you are going to see often enough to justify calling so I tend to fold without reads here.
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      Fold the turn or the river? Now that I look at it, I should have folded the river, and I think I would have done it...if I wasn't tilting :/ Dammit, why isn't there a definitive answer to anything in poker :D
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think b/c turn and then calling also river is fine
      Player should be aggressive enough to c/r turn with worse hands and AK just seem too good hand to fold
      If you think he isn´t going to c/r enough bluffs/draws on the turn then b/f turn is fine