This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl5 ak

• YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      Do you guys think this hand is badly played?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $7.08
      Hero:
      $10.43

0.03/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (3 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , K:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.15, SB calls $0.12, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.35) 6:heart: , 8:spade: , Q:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, SB calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.75) K:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.45, SB raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.05.

River: ($3.75) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10.

Final Pot: $7.95
  • 3 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      As we know c/c flop and c/r turn is widely know as "teh nuts line" and this guy seems like one who may be using it. I would bet a bit bigger on turn and if he raises most likely just fold it although I'm not sure if it's the best idea. I somehow doubt he may be doing it with Qx after K on turn, so either it seems like set or KQ type of hand unless it's his usual line with random hands, for example, if he's capable of calling flop with K high and now raising as he thinks he busted your Qx hand you bet flop - calling down then becomes reasonable, but I doubt that's what you are going to see often enough to justify calling so I tend to fold without reads here.
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      Fold the turn or the river? Now that I look at it, I should have folded the river, and I think I would have done it...if I wasn't tilting :/ Dammit, why isn't there a definitive answer to anything in poker :D
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think b/c turn and then calling also river is fine
      Player should be aggressive enough to c/r turn with worse hands and AK just seem too good hand to fold
      If you think he isn´t going to c/r enough bluffs/draws on the turn then b/f turn is fine