[NL2-NL10] nl10 KJs

• YUKNOW
      Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:diamond: , J:diamond:
      MP2 raises to $0.20, MP3 calls $0.20, CO folds, Hero calls $0.20, SB calls $0.15, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.90) K:heart: , Q:spade: , 9:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, MP2 bets $0.90, MP3 calls $0.90, Hero calls $0.90, SB folds.

Turn: ($3.60) 6:spade: (3 players)
      MP2 bets $0.55, MP3 calls $0.40 (All-In), Hero calls $0.55.

River: ($5.10) 5:spade: (3 players)
      MP2 bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35.

Final Pot: $5.80
  • 3 replies
    • Duudalinja
      I wouldn't count on MP3 much as he may be playing almost any two, but I don't have idea about MP2 betting tendencies so if he always pots cbet or plays aggro you can call as you need ~25% equity to do it, but there has to be chance he won't continue on turn as you will have to give it up if he keeps potting.
      If he never pots cbet with random hands I may give up as there are enough combos that beats us, but overall this seems a bit weakish given our equity.
      As played calling turn and river is fine with given odds.
    • MaestroOfZerg

You can't realistically fold the flop with TPGK and a gutshot. It just looks like MP2 just can't help himself he's just betting all the time (you can't get 25.5 AF unless you're betting pretty damn often) and MP3 is so loose/bad he could have called the flop with any hand with a single random broadway card.

On the turn/river I just don't believe MP2 would bet so small with anything that beats KJ so I'd value-raise against him and felt it barring a read that he gets trappy with small bets or something, it's just odd for him to start doing it on a blank turn tho. If you don't want to push your edge on the turn just calling is okay, you can still raise the river as played when he makes the same kind of bet.

Hope it helps.
    • YUKNOW
      Thanks for your help, guys. I had a rough couple of days and my faith was shaken but since I read your comments, now I think my play wasn't half bad :f_p:

Duudalinja, I'm pretty sure you weren't a hand judge back when you posted this (or at least your avatar wasn't judge..ish) so congrats on that :s_thumbsup:

Maestro, the zerg have been crippled in starcraft 2, I'm switching to terran :P :D