[NL2-NL10] nl10 ak

• YUKNOW
      Any other/better ways to play this? He had a 20% 3bet (2/10) but he could have just had hands...theoretically...now that I think about it, maybe I should have 4bet, but I didn't feel like it at the time.

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , K:heart:
      MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BU folds, SB calls $0.35, BB raises to $1.70, MP2 folds, Hero calls $1.30, SB folds.

Flop: ($3.90) 4:diamond: , 6:club: , 9:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $3.90, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.90
  • 3 replies
    • Duudalinja
      As played with calling 3bet postflop is fine, there's nothing much to do but give up.
      But preflop play can't be judged in just one way. You may 4bet him as he's overall loose and aggro, so I somehow think he may show up enough worse hands if he's capable of 3betting looser. Calling I think is not the best option as he will put you on hard decisions postflop with his aggro image if you don't hit. If you hit - there's nothing much to do but play for stacks. You may just fold as he really could have hand and he 3bets solid if you don't feel like gambling here.
    • YUKNOW
      Folding AK to a loose guy like that...I don't know. Now I think 4betting and calling an eventual push is best. Maybe 4betting isolates me against a value range but I think he often enough has hands he wouldn't push with, plus I'm really behind only against KK and AA. I should have raised...well hopefully next time I will :f_p:

Thanks for your help. I thought the hand judge is supposed to evaluate hands but guess he's busy or something cause he hasn't looked at hands of mine which are days old... probably playing starcraft 2, his name is maestroofzerg after all :f_biggrin:
    • Kaitz20
      shove PF
      AK would like to see all 5 cards and you´re very often ahead his squeezing range so you either take pot down pf or you´re flipping or he might easily call with AQ/AJ