[NL2-NL10] KK NL5 Rush

• EmanuelC16
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, K.
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.20, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.60, 2 folds, MP3 raises to $1.20, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.67.

Villain 9/3 over 33 hands. Not a great sample, but being Rush it's clear he plays like a rock. Secondly, his 4bet is so small that it's almost inviting me to shove... So I found a fold of KK preflop... Maybe I shouldn't have done this?
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Can Rush stats be really precise as he may be playing more hands on tables where you wasn't participating at that hand? Ofc 9/3 overall is going to be nit who won't 4bet trash ever, but it's damn tough to fold KK even against him if I see him having QQ ever. If you believe he will have AA here - fold as if he raises 3% of his hands he may 4bet like 1-1.5%, but I think KK will show profit regardless of these situations, so I may just shove it.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Agreed, when in doubt just shove it in.

If you really believe he has AA only in that spot, you should call as you're getting ~3:1 immediate odds with ~6:1 behind. I know it seems close since we usually tell you you should be looking to have a way bigger error margin when considering implied odds, but most of that comes from situations where you misplay your hand against villain's range or when villain gets scared/heroic and folds the monsters you're trying to crack. In that spot it's hard for you to misplay KK vs AA in position (if you hit your set just stack him he won't fold it in a 3bet pot on any board, if you don't just fold), so you don't need a big error margin to make it a profitable play.

Hope it helps.