This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Need clarification about SSS SHC

• SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      I would like to ask someone to clarify one quite important detail in SHC. It says:

"When 2 or more raises were made before you... "

Say, we gave situation at NL10 table:

SB - 0.05$
      BB - 0.10$
      fold
      fold
      UTG - 0.35$
      fold
      MP2 - 0.35$

I am on MP3 with AK. Should I consider these as 2 raises before me and fold or is it considered as only one raise and I should go all-in? Well I know that technically it is only one raise and a call, but MP2 have showed some strength too... well you know what I mean :)

So far I considered them to be 2 raises and was folding... most of the time. Every time I decided to try my luck and went all-in, I got severely punished, but maybe it was just bad luck and I am losing money in a long run by folding?
  • 1 reply
    • lollujo
      lollujo
      Bronze
      That's just one raise, so you'd be right to go all in with AK there. Only fold AK if there's a raise and a re-raise in front of you. The only exception to this is if it's me raising in front of you, then you should always fold AK and all other strong hands.