HUSnG vs HUCG BB/100

• madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      Hi Guys!

I had an argument on the Skype-channel with two guys, so I'd like to see your point of view in this question.

The argument was about that having certain BB/100 in HUSnGs can or cannot be converted into CG BB/100?
      The HUSnG BB/100 is displayed by HEM, and has nothing to do with your actual winrate in ROI, but I believe it still shows you the average BBs you won over a 100 hand.

My opinion was that if my HUSnG expected BB/100 is W and the average BB/100 rake in CG is R, than my expected winrate in CG should be around W-R. (Not considering the H&Rs, which you can't find in SnGs obv:) )

Their opinion was that it's not convertable, because HUSnGs differ from CGs a lot.
      - winrate in SnGs can't be measured by BB/100, only ROI (I think the $ winrate can't be, but it's still a valid data)
      - blind levels increase (I think it's still not different from a CG with smaller effective stacks... or at least it shouldn't be)
      - HUSnG is fixed rake, in CG you rake from every pot (I think I solved that problem earlier)

We couldn't come to terms, so I'd like to ask you, if my reasonings are wrong?!

PS: I think my question can be converted into this question: should you play differently in a HUSnG than in HUCG? Because if I shouldn't, than the BB/100s should differ only in the rake/100, which proves my point imo...
  • 2 replies
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      You are right that the main difference between the win rates is the cash game rake. However, you might also find that your opponents play differently. In a cash game, an opponent who gets bored leaves. In a HU SNG, an opponent who gets bored may dump off his stack. Also, occasionally a HU SNG opponent will disconnect and sit out.

It is relatively unimportant that in some tournament hands, you might run out of chips. That happens, but not often and it does not warp your win rate by much.
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      Hi!

Thank you for the comment. I thought over, and there may be some differences in their play (sometimes mine too?). However, I stand by my point, that if in the long run you have a winning (BB/100) winrate in HUSnGs you can be a winning player at CGs, if you can beat the rake.