The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BB: $7.76
      UTG: $25.00
      MP: $26.55
      Hero (CO): $31.50
      BTN: $25.38
      SB: $28.59

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with J :heart: J :club:
      UTG raises to $1, 1 fold, Hero calls $1, BTN raises to $3.25, 2 folds, UTG calls $2.25, Hero calls $2.25

Flop: ($10.10) 8 :diamond: 3 :club: 4 :club: (3 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $5, UTG calls $5, Hero raises to $10, BTN raises to $22.13 all in, UTG folds, Hero folds

this guy was 7/7/50 over 61 hands. I don't know why it's 50 and not like 5.0 or whatever.
      I min-raise because i think if he did have QQ+ on this flop he would just shove over a raise, so if i make it 15 i'm just throwing 5 away IMO.
      And the guy who smooth called plays ABC so i'm not putting him on a set.
      SO what should i doo!?
  • 3 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd 3-bet UTG if he isn't a nit.
      When you then are getting a cold-4-bet from 7/7 villain then it's an easy fold.
      As played: First coldcall is fine from time to time.
      When BU-nit squeezes you are crushed against his range AND you have to play oop. So you can fold imo.
      Because you don't have the odds to call for setvalue.

On flop it's a clear fold. Nit bets into 2 AND UTG ch/calls.
      Imo you just lost 10$.
      Either you fold or you ship, but minsqueeze/fold is just burning money in this particular spot.

Let's see what the judges think.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Depending on UTG, preflop, I would coldcall or raise. Coldcall if he is tight, 3bet if he is fishlike.

Pre: I can see a call there after BU 3bets and UTG calls, you have more chances to get paid if you hit your J + there is already more money in the pot.

The thing is that you can only play for set value, given the stats on one of the players (BTN or UTG, didn't understand which) which are pretty tight so there's a good chance to be dominated.

Flop: the BTN bets just 1/2 pot, that I would take as a weakness, with an overpair I'm sure he would want to protect, or maybe he knows your ranges. Putting you both on pocket pairs, so there is no need to protect.

After UTG calls, you are not sure of anything, he might just have a set or big draws, so you can't call. It's like AninIII said, you either c/f or you ship it.

But I don't think you are ahead enough times to ship it, so c/f Flop is best.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      against 7/7 likely fold is better than shove
      Don´t min-raise and then fold to shove, since he can easily shove there with draws or if he decided to squeeze 89 or smt then likely also that hand