heads-up advice please?

• dragonste
      dragonste
      Bronze
      can anyone help me out here?

i am not a strong heads-up player at all, an the only way i am getting any heads up practice is by getting heads-up in SnGs an i was just wondering if there is any other to get some experince without there 10min short bursts?

my bankroll isnt big enough for the pokerstars 0.25/0.5 heads-up cash games.

any help?
      thanks
  • 6 replies
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Hi,

there are basically three options:
      1) You can try to open tables on lower limits and hope only one player sits down ( I don't recommend it since usually you only get to play very few hands until the table fills up, especially on lower limits).
      2) Move to a site that supports HU tables for lower limits (for example Betfair).
      3) Watch videos about HU-play.

Hope this helps.

Best regards
      Phil
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Instead of just hoping to get to top 2 in a 9man SnG, try some HU SnGs? You can get them for $1 buy-in.
    • Traxion2k
      Traxion2k
      Bronze
      Playing HU SNG really helps out. But playing the low limits lets you meet alot of fishes. They make strange playas and thats nice , but playing SNG HU cant be compered to CG HU imo.
      If there is anything else you are wondering about you can just pm me
    • dragonste
      dragonste
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Traxion2k
      Playing HU SNG really helps out. But playing the low limits lets you meet alot of fishes. They make strange playas and thats nice , but playing SNG HU cant be compered to CG HU imo.
      If there is anything else you are wondering about you can just pm me
      What is CH HU IMO? I am not formilia with this? So u lot advice HU SnGs to get the practice in? The variance high in this? U would say at least 50 buy-ins for this type of sit an go?
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      CG HU imo = cash game heads up in my opinion
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      try hu sngs as the others said,even the 5-10$ BI are quite easily beatable,also u could try the no blinds increase which stars offers which is kinda like a cash game since u got the same blinds for a long time