This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Set of jacks NL50

• rrwillem
      rrwillem
      Bronze
      Im sorry im telling this in text, I just want to know what y'all would do in this position.

Im on the button with JJ. UTG min-raised to 1$ and got 1 caller.

I re-raise to 4$ and he raises me to 7$. Im confused here, would he limp after a small raise (which could mean small PP and thus have a chance of a tough fold on the flop) with aces or kings. I decide to just call and see a flop here.

Flop:

J Q K

pot: 16$
      I bet 10$ and he pushes all-in for 40$

What do you do? :-/
  • 2 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi rrwillem!

I definitely call here. If he has a better hand: so be it. But a limp/minraiser doesn't get much respect from me. He can easily overplay AA or AK here. Even AQ-AT are possible. If he has a straight you still have outs and if he has QQ or KK it's just bad luck.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • rrwillem
      rrwillem
      Bronze
      Thats what I did, I just wanted to know if any1 would recognise the "obvious" aces he clearly had. I couldnt put him on a hand :-s. Unlucky for me though, turn brought a 10 and no pair on the river. So bad luck after all.

Edit: and thnx for the reply :)