This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Hand vs fish SH Nl50 JQo

• Wacko118
      Wacko118
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $158.6
      BU:
      $181.2

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:club: , J:heart:
      2 folds, BU raises to $2.00, Hero calls $1.75, BB folds.

Flop: ($4.50) J:diamond: , 7:heart: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3, Hero raises to $9.00, BU calls $6.00.

Turn: ($22.50) 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $12, BU raises to $24.00, Hero calls $12.00.

River: ($70.50) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero ???

did i play correctly?
  • 2 replies
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      :)

If your frequency is good, you should 3bet preflop. What do I mean by that? If you have been 3beting a lot from the blinds against a steal you should just fold, if you rarely 3bet than a 3bet is good.

Villain is fishlike and a aggressive one at that, you shouldn't try to bluff him.

I can see a c/r on the flop, but on the turn just give up. You win by folding. Check/fold Turn.

As played, on the river it's hard, because you made the pot so big, IMO the river gives you the best hand often enough, so just bet around $48 and be prepared to call a push.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think he is bluffing or have you beat on the river, so I think c/c is reasonable line there
      don´t like b/c, since you very often get your money in when you´re winning
      c/r flop especially deep is little thin, I think b/f turn might be better, but if you think he is bluffing then call is also fine.