[NL2-NL10] CO with AJh

• 3 replies
    • BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Bronze
      This guy looks like the standard multi tabling nit. The flop is a rather dry one and we expect him to cbet his whole range.

6% is something like

77+
      AJs+
      AQo+

AK, KK and AA hit it rather well
      3x AA
      3x KK
      9x AK
      -----
      15 combinations

While AQ/AJ is most probably folding to a raise (unless he likes to play 1ovecard fd type of hands very aggressively and shove it here), while QQ~77 is what is important for us.
      His WTSD is pretty low, but how often do you expect him to continue with 2nd pair vs. a raise? You must have seen some of his showdowns before.

If he folds his pockets on the Khi flop, then raising is profitable, because there are way more combinations of those than there are of the things that he hits with.
      If he continues 1 street with pocket 2nd pair you can raise it and then barrel the turn
      If he doesn't let it go then just fold
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Calling AJ against nit is tricky, but I think it's doable as he raised from MP3 and his range here may be wider than AJ+. But overall folding these hands is fine I think as you never know if nit will pay you off if you have an Ax and he doesn't as BattleHunter said.
      As played folding is fine, but I think it's not bad idea to raise him or float turn as his cbet is not that biggish and he may do that just because he needs to.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d also call there AJs and I think I´d also make some moves postflop, like leading out on low boards
      c/f that flop is fine. Don´t like c/r. If you want you can lead, but since he is so nitty I think he often has there either Kx or some kind of pp and he won´t that often to your flop lead