winning a MTT

• dragonste
      dragonste
      Bronze
      i have no idea if any of u care to know... but i have just won a $0.5 MTT with a field of 1707 people on pokerstars, i am buzzing out my head, i am telling everyone haha...

peace out all gd luck on those tables
  • 9 replies
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      Congrats on your win,the feeling of winning a field of 1.7k players is awesome,despite the BI of the mtt and the payout.

Keep it up yo
    • jhustincase
      jhustincase
      Bronze
      what was the 1st prize?amount?
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      1st prize would be nice to know :) and congrats!
    • hackbinder
      hackbinder
      Bronze
      That's quite a feat.

So, why do you feel you won? What strategies did you use?
    • dragonste
      dragonste
      Bronze
      $136 was the amount i won... second place got $101 or somothin close to that...

i am still buzzing, i had a bank roll of $60 an now i have been helped a massive lot!!!

i just played a TAG strategy all the way though the tourny, sometimes had gd seats sometimes didnt ya know how it goes, some maniacs out there like haha. some loose players some TAGs just got it in right played ppl right made the right move the majority of the time. i of course made some mistakes but i was making enough gd ones to cusion the bad one, like trying to re-raise a maniac with medium hand an then got pushed on an he had a bigger stack, but i was sick of him raising every single pot. slowed him down a bit later on, an then he left my table. thats just one example.... and the basic stratagy was a TAG an i wanted first place so bad haha!!!

thanks for the reply guys an girls
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Good job mate. ;) My best finish was 2nd out of 300, 1st out of 1,7k is just amazing. How long did the tourney last? I guess like 7 hours, huh?
    • dragonste
      dragonste
      Bronze
      6 hours 15 mins, the final table was actually quite fast as far as my experience goes, an heads up lasted about 4 hands i had a 2 mil chips an he had 400k so i had amssive advantage.
    • jhustincase
      jhustincase
      Bronze
      this is amazing but i thing more amazing is what one of my friends did!he had 15 cents remained after busto and played that 10 cents trnmnt on FT.in the morning received a mobile mesaje saying he won 360bucks!i was just loool! But ofc ur experience is also really nice!gl
    • ByronJacobs
      ByronJacobs
      Bronze
      I know the feeling. Having played nothing but FL (more or less) for about a million years I jsut started playing some tournaments for a bit of variety. Couple of weeks ago I won a 2300 player $15 tny at Stars. Although I've actually had bigger daily wins (and losses) playing FL, I think its the most exciting thing that ever happened to me in poker - feels like winning the lottery. Finished 3am and I was jumping round the house like a five year old. Good job I didn't wake everyone up.