[NL2-NL10] NL10 VS loose

• Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (Button) ($13.66)
      CO ($17.79)
      BB ($10.30)
      SB ($10.05)
      MP ($29.09)
      UTG ($13.21)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8, A
      3 folds, Hero bets $0.30, SB raises $0.95, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.10) K, A, 10 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($2.10) 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $2, Hero calls $2

River: ($6.10) 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $7.05 (All-In), Hero calls $7.05

Total pot: $20.20

This hand is pretty special, the thing is this villain has really hard time fold hands near blinds, i've note on him that he 3bets every btn steal and he never fold to 4bet just calls, and when i hit my ace i would never fold this board. any thoughts?=
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      I think it's a bit too crazy unless he's really maniac and can bet hands like Qx/Kx as you are chopping against almost all Aces by river.
      I dunno bout game flow and as you said you have notes on him, but when he pots turn and shoves river I expect to be beat a lot. 3betting loose and spewing money postflop are two different things. I tend to b/f flop after he checks. As played I would fold turn, but as you said you won't fold it if you got an Ace - hard to argue that.
      Preflop play is debatable, but I usually get tighter against such a guys and 4bet them if they 3bet more or less every steal over a solid sample size. Opening A8s from BTN is overall ok, but I would play that with caution in 3bets pots if you get in any as you may be dominated and get in bad spots overall.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey!

Even though he's 3betting a lot, I wouldn't call with a hand such as A :spade: 8 :spade: because of domination problems. The hand doesn't have great playability. I'd rather have A5s for example (because it has better possibilities for draws).

I'd only call if he's a really manical 3bettor (and in that case I'd never ever fold a top pair). I'd bet flop and be happy to get it in.

The thing is like I said, A8s doesn't have great possibilities post-flop. Most of the time you'll end up with a top pair with no kicker or 2nd pair. So, if you can't get it in with these kind of hands against your opponent, calling pre-flop makes no sense.

So, if you have the read that he's a maniac, you must go with it and get the money in.

Cheers!