MP: $1.73
      MP+1: $0.35
      LP: $2.06
      CO: $2.08
      BTN: $2.22
      Hero (SB): $1.78

Hero posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has K:heart: Q:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.04, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.03, fold

Flop: ($0.10, 2 players) K:diamond: 2:spade: 3:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.06, UTG+1 calls $0.06

Turn: ($0.22, 2 players) T:spade:
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15

River: ($0.52, 2 players) 9:spade:
      Hero bets $0.24, UTG+1 raises to $2.21 and is all-in, fold

UTG+1 wins $0.95

I’m sure I made the right call in the end by folding, but I think I made some poor decisions in the hand which I listed below.

1- Cold calling the raise I think I should 3 bet his raise and then folded if he 4 bet.

2. If the hand was still going on the turn I think I should have bet/fold the turn instead of checking.

I think my bet on the flop was fine.

In the end I put him on Aces or Kings, but I didnt have any notes or previous experiences with this player.
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja
      First of all - buy in for 100 BB if you play BSS.
      You may 3bet pre and you may call - both options are viable. I tend to 3bet his minraise, but it depends on player.
      Flop is fine, but I would bet turn as there are still worse hands and draws out there you wan't to charge, so he still may be calling with worse hands.
      On river b/f is not bad option as you still gain value from worse Kx or pp's. C/c is possible, but I think he will check a lot of worse hands behind and if he's not capable of bluffing with missed FD - I prefer betting myself.
    • caltabiano
      Against a bad player, it's fine to call pre-flop. 3betting would be overplayed. We must pay attention to the positions at the table. We're in the worst position possible and the open raiser is in EP.

If you're not sure who your opponent is, just fold pre-flop. You're gonna be dominated too often and might end up making big mistakes post-flop.

As played, I like leading flop, but we definitely have to bet turn again for value and also for protection. There are way too many draws out there and we can't give them cheap cards.

River is an easy fold ;-)