[NL2-NL10] AI bluff

• cutegoldfish
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, 2.
      6 folds, SB raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, SB calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.8) T, 8, 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1.8) Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.30, SB raises to $3.30, Hero raises to $9.81, SB calls $6.51.

River: ($21.42) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $21.42.

i thought that the check-raise on the turn was going to be a bluff since his 2 checks signalled weakness. i decided to raise him all in but when he called i knew i was dead. what should i have done? fold to a check raise?

opponent has 19/15 with 33% steal, 53% in the SB. agg 3.
  • 3 replies
    • Duudalinja
      I would wait for hand with a bit better equity unless he's folding almost always to 3bets/cbets, but still with 92o there are almost no good flops for you and you basically always will have to bluff, so I like waiting for better spots.
      Overall I would give up postflop, but you may throw a cbet here as it's your last hope to take that pot down.
      As played if he checked back the turn you may give a shot, but fold to any resistance. It's strange how he played this, but I think he may have hand and he just hoped you will make some move or something like that. Pulling through pure bluffs like this just doesn't seem profitable.
    • EmanuelC16
      The problem here is that you are not representing any hand. Any hand you 3bet pre should be a good cbet on that flop. As the flop went check/check I doubt you get him to fold a lot. Maybe some weak PPs without FD. But that's about all.
    • caltabiano

I'll start with the 3 rules for beating the micro-limits:

1 - Value bet
      2 - DON'T BLUFF :D
      3 - Don't pay off

Don't 3bet such a hand pre-flop. It's just not necessary. If you know your opponent folds a LOT to 3bets, sure go for it ONCE IN A WHILE.

But remember one thing: if he folds a lot to 3bets, once he doesn't fold, it means his range is really strong. It makes sense right?

I'd still cbet that board, because I think his range will have a lot of AQ, KQ, KJ which could fold. I'd cbet small though. Roughly 1/2 pot. And I'd fold to any resistance.

As played, just give up against his c/r. Like I said, his range is very strong and people aren't really pulling turn c/r in 3b pots as bluffs in the micro-limits. They're likely slowplaying when they shouldn't =)