This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AI bluff

• cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $10.78
      MP3:
      $10.68
      CO:
      $9.69
      BU:
      $6.80
      SB:
      $20.47
      BB (Hero):
      $10.71
      UTG2:
      $6.63
      MP1:
      $15.97

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, 2.
      6 folds, SB raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, SB calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.8) T, 8, 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1.8) Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.30, SB raises to $3.30, Hero raises to $9.81, SB calls $6.51.

River: ($21.42) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $21.42.

i thought that the check-raise on the turn was going to be a bluff since his 2 checks signalled weakness. i decided to raise him all in but when he called i knew i was dead. what should i have done? fold to a check raise?

opponent has 19/15 with 33% steal, 53% in the SB. agg 3.
  • 3 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      I would wait for hand with a bit better equity unless he's folding almost always to 3bets/cbets, but still with 92o there are almost no good flops for you and you basically always will have to bluff, so I like waiting for better spots.
      Overall I would give up postflop, but you may throw a cbet here as it's your last hope to take that pot down.
      As played if he checked back the turn you may give a shot, but fold to any resistance. It's strange how he played this, but I think he may have hand and he just hoped you will make some move or something like that. Pulling through pure bluffs like this just doesn't seem profitable.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      The problem here is that you are not representing any hand. Any hand you 3bet pre should be a good cbet on that flop. As the flop went check/check I doubt you get him to fold a lot. Maybe some weak PPs without FD. But that's about all.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey!

I'll start with the 3 rules for beating the micro-limits:

1 - Value bet
      2 - DON'T BLUFF :D
      3 - Don't pay off

Don't 3bet such a hand pre-flop. It's just not necessary. If you know your opponent folds a LOT to 3bets, sure go for it ONCE IN A WHILE.

But remember one thing: if he folds a lot to 3bets, once he doesn't fold, it means his range is really strong. It makes sense right?

I'd still cbet that board, because I think his range will have a lot of AQ, KQ, KJ which could fold. I'd cbet small though. Roughly 1/2 pot. And I'd fold to any resistance.

As played, just give up against his c/r. Like I said, his range is very strong and people aren't really pulling turn c/r in 3b pots as bluffs in the micro-limits. They're likely slowplaying when they shouldn't =)

Cheers!