This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL200SH straight on flop vs sucky turn

• undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)  
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $246.50
      Hero:
      $447.80
      MP3:
      $186.05

1/2 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3:spade: , 5:spade:
      MP3 calls $2.00, CO calls $2.00, 2 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($7.00) 4:diamond: , 7:diamond: , 6:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $6, MP3 folds, CO raises to $12.00, Hero raises to $37.00, CO calls $25.00.

Turn: ($81.00) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $48, CO raises to $96.00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $225.00

Opponent is totally unreal fish (lost 900$ on 250 hands in the table) and has bluffed on several occasions. He might be doing the turn minraise with a flush or a straight , but if i call i am gonna have a very ugly decision on river.
      He has total AF of around 1 , but thats mostly because he has very low PF AF. After the flop its average i guess. (close to 2)
  • 2 replies
    • Mystrapoker
      Mystrapoker
      Bronze
      (I assumed random cards in those calculation for your opponent, and wild cards on the turn and/or the river).

Flop:

Win:84.12%
      Tie : 6.08% -> equity=90.20%

Hand ladder
      ---------------
      Stronger hands:
      Higher straights - 12 combinations : 1.11%

The way he played I put him on a pocket pair, and he hits a set on the flop.
      Thats why he minraise you. You re-raise him and he just flat call.

Did you see him play like that when he had a flush draw before?

Turn:

Win:68.48%
      Tie :13.98% -> equity=82.46%

Hand ladder
      ---------------
      Straight flush - 1 combination : 0.10%
      Flush - 44 combinations : 4.25%
      Higher straight - 26 combinations : 2.51%

You bet about half the pot, indicating weakness (because you had bet 3/4 of the pot on the flop, so that mean you had a weaker hand on the turn than you had on the flop). So he minraise you again, again I put him on a set.

The opponent seem pretty passive. I think I would have check/called till the showdown to minimize the lose (even though I think you had him beat). And to get a read for cheap (determine what hand he went there with).

Actually Im putting him on pocket sixes, one of which is a 6 of diamond. At the turn against that hand you are still favorite to win (about 52% vs 43%, 4.5% of split pot).

Yeah I decided to reply to your post even I am just a silver member with little experience compared to you. Guess I like challenges.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      @ Mystrapoker: Your opinion is always welcome. Even Platinum or Diamond member can learn a lot even from "lower ranked" players. Hand discussions help everyone: you and the other players. So keep it up!

@ undercover82: If he is passive and raises you on the flop I would exclude a flushdraw and put him on a set, two pair or a better straight (85). That means you are still ahead on the turn and can go all the way with it.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81