$5.86
      SB (Hero):
      $5.00
      BB:
      $2.14
      UTG1:
      $5.82

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8, K.
      6 folds, BU raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.65, BB folds, BU calls $0.45.

Flop: ($1.35) 4, T, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.75, BU raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.35, BU calls $2.85.

Turn: ($10.05) 3 (2 players)

River: ($10.05) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.05.

29/29 75% attempt to steal, 3bet him once before. AF 1.67 AF on flop 2 over a total of 34 hands
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Given your hand I think there are two ways on flop - fold or shove. He should be betting enough marginal hands from BU, but as I dunno much about his 3bet calling tendencies I suppose he may call 3bet with part of them and using his position. I think you are not going to be ahead here a lot on flop, so if you shove I expect to flip a lot against FD+Ace/combo draw or just be almost dead against TT/better Kx. He seems like player who opens and plays rather aggro, but I don't think he's going crazy on any spot he can and side factors like you pissing him off with your 3bets is hard to evaluate and I think they are relative and subjective.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hi!

I'd rather fold pre-flop. You don't have enough info about this opponent to justify 3betting. What was the purpose of your 3bet? To get him to fold? Do you know if he's folding enough? Or were you trying to extract value from worse hands?

32 hands is no sample size. His 75% steal means absolutely nothing over such a sample size.

The field of NL5 will be a call happy one and therefore, your range should be weighted towards a value range and not a bluff range. I wouldn't light 3bet at all.

As played, not knowing anything about the opponent, I'd rather just fold against his raise. Like duuda said, we're probably gonna be flipping or we're gonna be dead.

It'll be really close. Shoving should be about break even or slightly negative EV wise.

If you're sure he's bluff raising a lot here, then go for the shove ;-)

Cheers!