$5.23
      CO:
      $10.70
      BU:
      $1.89
      SB:
      $5.82

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, K.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.90, 3 folds, Hero raises to $7.50, CO calls $6.60.

Flop: ($15.07) 9, 8, J (2 players)

Turn: ($15.07) T (2 players)

River: ($15.07) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: $15.07.

Opponent is 13/8 over 196 hands 3bet 5%.
  • 6 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      It's hard to evaluate such a situations, but I see that he 3bets kinda biggish, so we could say he really has a piece here and if he 3bets 5% his 4bet calling range would be even tighter. If this was a regular game and a nit would make such 3bet here I may even find a fold with proper reads and given our stacks. You can't blame yourself going AI with Kings as they make a lot of moneeyzz, but if you feel like he's got an AA here - fold is always an emergency exit. KK vs AA is rare situation, but still - if you manage to fold it, good for you. It's just bad if folding KK becomes standard when someone starts solid aggression.
      Overall messy and I didn't say anything really useful, but I hope it helps. :)
    • minihulk22
      minihulk22
      Global
      why would you like to fold KK pre-flop , only in 11 % when you have KK villain has AA and it's microlimit people go crazy at this stakes , I think he had AA in this spot , otherwise I don't see the point of posting it , but it could do this w/ QQ , AKs or even some marginal like JJ if he hasn't much experience postflop .
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I think learning to fold KK preflop is one of the strongest moves a player can have. It saved me more than a stack (at least I feel that way) a few sessions ago and if I had ignored the "It's micros, players are bad, they shove too light" bit I keep hearing a lot on the forum lately I'd probably made a close fold here too and avoided the loss. Shoving ~100bb holding KK WITHOUT reads and history is a losing move in the long run as people rarely shove worse than KK+ so deep. That's just my opinion after reading some stuff, playing some hands and seeing some graphs. It's also good to remember that KK vs Ax is only ~70% which isn't that much.

PS: I'm not denying KK is the second most profitable hand, but it's profitable postflop when it gets called by lower TP's, draws or hits a set against TPGK. When crazy betting from deep stacks start happening pre, a fold is not as bad as some suggest even without history or specific reads. It's only logical that tight players don't go crazy for their whole stack with less than KK.
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Def not folding preflop. I usually call in situations. If you 4bet, villian is most of the time folding AK and QQ. So better to call and stack QQ on most flops, and get a cbet from AK.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Guys like him rarely play for stack with QQ/AK or worse for 150 BB. I doubt he has AA there with this big 3b so i like calling and playing postflop.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Against such a tight guy I like calling and playing it post flop for deep stacks =)

Like mentioned previously, if stacks do go in, you'll end up against AA way more often than not and that'll cost you a lot of money ;-)

Cheers!