[NL2-NL10] AKo OOP flatting 4bet

• skimon
      Known players:

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.85 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , K:club:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0,05, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0,25, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0,80, MP1 folds, MP3 raises to $1,80, Hero calls $1,00.

Now that I look at it, I think I should've shoved or folded. I was thinking, if I get a A or K on the flop I c/shove, otherwise I fold

Flop: ($3,67) T:diamond: , 7:heart: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1, Hero calls $1,00.

I got myself thinking that his bet was so small, I can call it once (argh, I'm such a NL noob, stupid FL habits). Again, I think c/shoving is an option (but what can I represent?) or just plain folding ...

Turn: ($5,67) 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $2,25, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5,67
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Flatting 4bet OOP and playing it with AKo is way too bad spot to be in. I would either shove pre or fold as we won't hit often enough to make this work. Against this guy I may fold until I get some additional info bout him.
      As played by calling 4bet he may already have overpair on flop and we dunno what does that small bet means. Does that mean he has JJ and he's afraid of QQ+ or that he thinks you didn't hit much here with your 4bet calling range and he's trapping you. Even if you decided to call flop and check if he's just bluffing, turn is def fold. Overall our only hope was hitting something on flop as we have to give up most times because 4bet means hand for almost all players and we usually can't really bluff off a made hand.
    • caltabiano

Yeah, don't call 4b OOP, ever. =)

It's a shove or fold pre flop. Against a nit, folding is fine. Otherwise, just shove it in!

If you don't know your opponent, you can safely fold.