[NL2-NL10] oh my god AK once again

• joeldowey123
      tell me this is just variance and that i didnt play it too badly......

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP2 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, MP3 folds, CO raises to $1.00, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.60.

Flop: ($2.15) 7, K, A (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.00, Hero raises to $9.73, CO calls $7.73(All-In).

Turn: ($21.61) 7 (2 players)

River: ($21.61) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $21.61.
      Results follow:

CO shows four of a kind, sevens(7 7).
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and kings(K A).

CO wins with four of a kind, sevens(7 7).
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja
      I don't like usually playing AKo without initiative OOP, so I may 4bet pre unless he's nitty nit.
      Dunno anything bout opponent and his 3betting tendencies, but if he did 3bet pre (although not the big one) and then almost potted flop I tend to be say he may have a hand he's willing to play as I think he may bet more cautious with marginal holdings or holdings that may be beaten here (like QQ/JJ). But nevertheless you have top two and it's one of the best cases you could have, so folding is too weakish. So if he's really tight I expect to see AA/KK here even tho it's really unlikely, if he's loose he may have FD/Ax etc., so I think shoving is fine. Alternatively you may call flop and float turn, but that would give him another card to improve. 77 is interesting hand to have, but you still have outs against that.
      Overall against loose/aggro player - fine to play for stacks. Against passive nit - tough spot, but there's nothing much to do but at least call.
    • caltabiano

I think this should be 4b or fold pre-flop. If your opponent is 3betting a lot, 4b and get it in, otherwise, folding is fine, as you're gonna be up against a really strong range a lot of the time.