Showing VIP Status to players

• ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      What do you guys think, does it work to your advantage to show your vip status? If so why?

What are the pos and negs, let's hear all the diff opinions with hopefuly some logical reasons.

My thought process in general when playing micro stakes would be that showing your vip stats if you are ranked gold+ gives extra info to regs which kind of lets them know you play abc poker and somewhat know what you are doing, so it is somewhat of a negative.
  • 9 replies
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      telling people that you are good is in no way a good thing.

Since i don't play a lot on stars i'll show my bronzestar when playing mid-high tourneys hoping that the regs think im a retard
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      Since i don't play a lot on stars i'll show my bronzestar when playing mid-high tourneys hoping that the regs think im a retard
      ..or in your case, you could just tell them who you are :)
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Don't show you're VIP level, don't put a picture.

These 2 are the number one factor that make me search a player's ROI.
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      I am a silverstar and i have a picture of a horse :f_frown:
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

I try to give out as few reads on me as possible, not having an avatar and not showing your status will make you harder to remember to the oponents, which is good. By not showing these, they are less likely to look you up or even realise that you are multitabling... Unless of course you are a very good player, then you could show a bronze star for deception.

Best regards,

Primzi
    • Jehudas
      Jehudas
      Bronze
      I wouldnt show VIP level either...

I don't know but whenever I sit in position with semi-good cards and a >Gold in BB I raise. Normally those guys are nitty and fold - or you get some action!

I think pictures don't mean a lot but showing a bronze VIP level is really fishy IMO
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      It is exactly what I thought that it works towards your disadvantage, however why do people on the mid-highlimits display there vip status such as nanonoko greggs and quite a few others

I am currently platinum star on stars and I am pretty sure it works to my disadvantage to show people that I am good, however why do others do it.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Just because someone has a high status doesn't mean they are good. They could play 60k hands a month on NL200 and be like a 2bb/100 losing player.
      But, I do agree you should "not" display your status. It does give away "reads' if you can say that.

But those guys with supernova's are usually known anyway so they don't have anything to hide anyway.
    • Irooz
      Irooz
      Bronze